This section contains a roadmap for the new user with pointers on what to read first.
If you are new to RTI Connext, we recommend starting in the following order:
- See the Getting Started Guide. This document provides download and installation instructions. It also lays out the core value and concepts behind the product and takes you step-by-step through the creation of a simple example application.
- The User's Manual describes the features of the product and how to use them. It is organized around the structure of the DDS APIs and certain common high-level tasks.
- The documentation in the DDS API Reference provides an overview of API classes and modules for the DDS data-centric publish-subscribe (DCPS) package from a programmer's perspective. Start by reading the documentation on the main page.
- After reading the high level module documentation, look at the Publication Example and Subscription Example for step-by-step examples of creating a publication and subscription. These are hyperlinked code snippets to the full API documentation, and provide a good place to begin learning the APIs.
- Next, work through your own application using the example code files generated by rtiddsgen.
- To integrate similar code into your own application and build system, you will likely need to refer to the Platform Notes.