RTI Connext DDS Micro provides buildable example applications, in the example/ directory of its host bundle. They include a basic HelloWorld application presented in a few different flavors, an RTPS-only emitter, and latency and throughput benchmarking applications.
Each example comes with instructions on how to build and run an application.
All examples are available in C, while the HelloWorld_dpde and HelloWorld_dpde_waitset examples are available in C++.
Note that by the default all the examples link against release libraries. To build release libraries:
./resource/scripts/rtime-make --name x64Darwin17clang9.0 --target self --build --config Release
To build the examples against the debug libraries, specify the the DEBUG option:
- Helloworld_dpse. Shows how to use rtiddsgen to generate type-support code from a simple HelloWorld IDL-defined type. This examplecreates a publisher and subscriber, and uses dynamic participant, static endpoint discovery to establish communication.
- HelloWorld_dpde. Same as the HelloWorld_dpse example, except it uses dynamic participant, dynamic endpoint discovery. This example is available in both C and C++.
- HelloWorld_dpde_waitset. Same as the HelloWorld_dpde example, except it uses waitsets instead of listener callbacks to access received data.
- HelloWorld_dpde_secure Same as the HelloWorld_dpde example, except that the RTI Security Plugins are installed and enabled on each DomainParticipant to perform mutual authentication, enforce access control rules, and encrypt data exchanged by applications.
- HelloWorld_android. Example application using Android NDK.
- HelloWorld_static_udp. Same as HelloWorld_dpde, except it uses static configuration of network interfaces.
- HelloWorld_appgen. Example application using Application Generation API.
- HelloWorld_transformations. Same as HelloWorld_dpde, except it uses UDP transformations to send encrypted packets using OpenSSL.
- RTPS. Example of an RTPS emitter that bypasses the DDS module and APIs to send RTPS discovery and user data.
- Latency. Measures the end-to-end latency of RTI Connext DDS Micro.
- Throughput. Measures the end-to-end throughput of RTI Connext DDS Micro