RTI Connext DDS Performance Test
The RTI Connext DDS Performance Test is a combined latency and throughput test application. This test is not part of the core RTI Connext package; it must be downloaded and installed separately.
The test measures what is sometimes called "loaded latency"—latency at a given throughput level. It can help you answer questions such as:
- For a given publishing configuration (e.g., queue size, batching settings), sample size, and subscribing configuration (e.g., queue size, Listener vs. WaitSet) what is the throughput of my network?
- When my network is heavily loaded, what latency can I expect?
- For a given configuration, what is the best-case latency with no other traffic on the network?
Please refer to the documentation in the doc directory for details on how to install and run the test.
Additionally, you can also refer to the free eLearning video "Measuring Performance Using PerfTest" found here: Perftest Video.
RTI Perftest 2.0
Starting with RTI Perftest 2.0, the code development has been moved to Github. There are now several options to access to the source code and associated resources:
- Clone the repository using git
git clone -b v2.0 https://github.com/rticommunity/rtiperftest.git
- Download the source code as a zip or tar.gz: Link
- Download the pre-compiled code: Link
- Check our documentation online: Link
Compatibility note: RTI Perftest 2.0 is designed to compile and work against the RTI Connext DDS 5.2.x releases. However, certain features are not compatible with all the RTI Connext DDS versions, since the build scripts make use of certain specific parameters in Rtiddsgen that might change or not be present between releases:
- The secure command line parameters will not work for versions previous to RTI Connext DDS 5.2.5.
- The C# code generation against RTI Connext DDS 5.2.0.x is not supported. Users can disable its compilation by adding the --skip-cs-build flag when using the build script.
For older releases of RTI Perftest (tied to specific RTI Connext DDS versions) see the following links:
RTI Connext DDS 5.2.4
- RTI Perftest — RTI Connext DDS 5.2.4
RTI Connext DDS 5.2.0
- RTI Perftest — RTI Connext DDS 5.2.0
RTI Connext DDS 5.1.0
- RTI Perftest — RTI Connext DDS 5.1.0
- RTI Perftest — RTI JMS (RTI Message Service) 5.1.0
- rtiperftestjms510.zip (SHA1: fe8610155f3eff0968756856085f133c464907da)
RTI Data Distribution Service 4.5x or RTI Connext DDS 5.0.0
- RTI Perftest — RTI Connext DDS 1.1b
- rtiperftestdds11b.tar.gz (SHA1: 8857fcf43879a446ade0f919aa4982925a18bcd0)
- rtiperftestdds11b.zip (SHA1: 2eddda58f3b1c184efc234ac273da0b594e4f5a9)
- RTI Perftest — RTI JMS (RTI Message Service) 1.1b
- rtiperftestjms11b.zip (SHA1: 534c5f4764640c9ec63227caf62f08f2b6ad44f8)
RTI Data Distribution Service 4.3 or 4.4
- RTI Perftest — RTI DDS 1.1a
- rtiperftestdds11a.tar.gz (SHA1: 4d9edd90cde391c807f4dbe01197f19c88c2e481)
- rtiperftestdds11a.zip (SHA1: 7fb3b4b2136a57d42a293c2ccc5bcbf1308ce247)
- RTI Perftest — RTI JMS (RTI Message Service) 1.1a
- rtiperftestjms11a.zip (SHA1: 58779b0eeb2adc928b76eef6ceaac330f359c4bf)
After extracting, create an empty DDSTypes subdirectory inside the rtiperftest.1.1a directory.