[Reposted] How to build for uC/OS-II

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
[Reposted] How to build for uC/OS-II

Does anybody have any experience building RTI DDS from source for uC/OS-II (microC/OS-II)?  From looking at the preprocessor macros, it doesn't seem like it is supported out-of-the-box.  I'm just wondering if anybody has advice on how to map the OS level dependencies to uC/OS.

Ryan,

There is a separate discussion on how to build Connext DDS (http://community.rti.com/forum-topic/build-rti-dds-and-connext-dds-source ) from source which might help. To build in for uC/OS you would also need to port (or modify) the OS services.

I suggest to also have a look at Connext Micro which is designed for smaller platforms and systems with certification requirements like DO-178. Connext Micro is designed to be ported to different platforms. The operating system abstraction s simpler than in Connext DDS and should be easier to adapt to new platforms.

Andre

Thanks for the response.  I am aware of the Connext Micro product, but was hoping to (at least initially) go the open source "open community source" route.

Also, thanks for pointing me to that thread.  I've already been using that to help me get started (and has been really helpful), but I was hoping somebody had more context on this specific OS.

Thanks very much.

rip
rip's picture

Hi Ryan,

Need to make a purely legalistic point here, sorry :)

RTI does not have "open source", as in we don't supply an open source license.  Please use "open community source" when talking about the source code you have... We'd prefer that users not assume that the code is open source and that they have the right to upload it to public repositories.  It's not that kind of license.

Thanks!

rip

My mistake, sorry.  Thanks for the correction.

Andre - You mentioned the Connext Micro product.  My understanding is that software is not commercially available yet.  Is that true?

Connext Micro has been commercial available for almost a year. Please contact us if you would like more information about Connext Micro. 

Andre