Real Time Publish Subscriber

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Real Time Publish Subscriber

Does any body have same papers rergarding Real time Publish Subscriber using NS-2?

Gerardo Pardo's picture

Hi,

I am not aware of any. But I think it would be a useful feature to add to NS-2

Gerardo

Basicallly I just want single simualtion of Real Time Publish Subscriber in NS-2, So that I can start my work.

Basicallly I just want single simualtion of Real Time Publish Subscriber in NS-2, So that I can start my work.

Gerardo Pardo's picture

I see.  The problem is that as far as I know nobody has developed Agents that simulate the RTPS2 prototocol or generate RTPS2 traffic for NS-2.

I think this is possible, in other words, NS-2 provides an extensible framework and it is possible to add new modules. So someone could develop a RTPS2 Agent that creates the RTPS2 packets and also implements the RTPS2 reliable protocol as defined by the OMG DDS-RTPS Interoperability Wire protocol specification.  But given that the NS-2 RTPS2 agent does not exist yet I think you would have to implement this part yourself...  Once you have the agent you can then generate examples that layer some souce of RTPS2 data to run on top of the RTPS2 agent on top of UDP links, similar to how this NS-2 tutorial configures the CBR traffic generator to run on top of UDP.

Gerardo

The NS-2 tutorial link is not working, kindly can you send me again that link. And kindly tell me to implement module of RTPS, from where should I start?

Gerardo Pardo's picture

Hi,

Sorry, the NS-2 link had a wrong character, the correct one is:  http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~almeroth/classes/F05.276/handouts/ns2.ppt

I also corected the link in the previous post. 

I do not have experience with NS-2 so I cannot help you much with this. Perhaps there is an NS-2 forum where you can get some help?

Gerardo

Thanks for sharing this with me and I am really thankful for your help. I just want to discuss a simple scenario with you to start with publish subscriber model in NS-2. for e.g If I use some routing protocol and in its packet header I can put the field of Topic Id and time stamp, then I throw these packets using CBR or any other traffic, By using sequential matching algorithm in between the publishers and subscribers and match the topic id's there and see the publish subscribe model working . Is this scenario is do able ? and is it good start to the problem? 

Thanks for sharing this with me and I am really thankful for your help. I just want to discuss a simple scenario with you to start with publish subscriber model in NS-2. for e.g If I use some routing protocol and in its packet header I can put the field of Topic Id and time stamp, then I throw these packets using CBR or any other traffic, By using sequential matching algorithm in between the publishers and subscribers and match the topic id's there and see the publish subscribe model working . Is this scenario is do able ? and is it good start to the problem?