Error compiling JMS Adapter

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Error compiling JMS Adapter

Hello,

I'm trying to compile the JMS adaptor to integrate Oracle CEP with RTI DDS, according the RTI Routing Service - Getting Started Guide.

I have Windows 7 installed and the following software:

RTI DDS 5.0.0 DDS , 
Routing Service Adapter SDK 5.0.0
JDK 7.0.45
NetBeans IDE 7.4

When I compile the JMS adapter with the comand C:\Aplicaciones\RTI\RTI_Routing_Service_5.0.0\adapters\jms\Build if doesn't find the javax.jms library and many kinds of errors occur:

C:\Aplicaciones\RTI\RTI_Routing_Service_5.0.0\adapters\jms\SRC\com\rti\routingservice\adapter\jms\DynamicDataToJMSMessageTranslation.java:11: error: package javax.jms does not exist
import javax.jms.JMSException;
^

I have a javax.jms.jar file that I copy in different folders but it still can not find it .

Environment variables I think are well defined :

RTIRSHOME
"..\.."
RTIRSHOME_NQ
..\..
JAVAEEJAR_NQ
C:\Program Files\glassfish-4.0\glassfish\lib
JAVA_HOME_NQ
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45
ADAPTER_CLASSPATH
"..\..\class\rtirsadapter.jar"
DDS_CLASSPATH
"..\..\class\nddsjava.jar"

Can you help ?

Regards,

Cesar

Organization:
Keywords:
rip
rip's picture

Hi,

Can you tell me what your CLASSPATH environment variable is set to?

I've never actually tried to compile an adapter using the Build script -- I pull the code up into an eclipse project and use it to do the builds.  It's possible to then run the Routing Service from inside Eclipse (HowTo) and debug a live instance.  Very helpful.

Looking at the Build file, it sets RTIRSHOME as "../..", which means you should be calling "./Build" from in the jms directory, not from someplace outside the directory if that is what you are doing.  Also the buildscript is looking for JAVAEEJAR, but you are setting JAVAEEJAR_NQ.  This implies that you have modded the build script, because you got a message "JAVAEEJAR not found", and later a "You must run this script from the jms adapter root directory" message.

Find the $JAVAC -d objs... line (line 66 in my copy) and copy that line exactly, then prepend it with "echo ".  This will dump the line as it is to be executed with all values resolved, and provide that here.

Regards,

Rip

Thank you very much, Rip.

I hadn't set the CLASSPATH environment variable. I have set it and I have compile the JMS adapter.

Regards,

César

rip
rip's picture

Good to hear.

Let us know how you get on.

rip