DPSE Static discovery RTI ME 2.2.3

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
DPSE Static discovery RTI ME 2.2.3

Hi,

I am dealing with dpse (dpde works fine) and based on helloworld example, i developped this part.

I got this error when asserting for "acceptable participant":
  empty/RemoteParticipant.c:625/NDDS_DomainParticipant_enable_remote_participant_name:name=dummyName

So what i would like, is to catch this error.
By looking in the code, i saw that a built-in listener exists (DPSE_ParticipantBuiltinDataReaderListener_initialize) and that this error is raised in on_data_available.

But i do not know how to set this listener.

*)Should i use a DDS_DomainParticipantListener or the built-in Listener ?

Regards,

Rodolf

Hi folks,

Also, why do I have this kind of error:

[1059.299999989] ERROR:ModuleID=7,Errcode=86,X=0,E=1,STATUS=0
  <not found>/<not found>:-1/<not found>:<not found>

[1060.299999989] ERROR:ModuleID=7,Errcode=86,X=0,E=1,STATUS=0
  <not found>/<not found>:-1/<not found>:<not found>

This comes after a while of :
[1058.299999989] ERROR:ModuleID=7,Errcode=86,X=1,E=0,STATUS=f8000068
  empty/RemoteParticipant.c:625/NDDS_DomainParticipant_enable_remote_participant_name:name=dummyName.

Regards,

Rodolf

delete contents

delete contents

delete contents

Hi,

I dont understand the behaviour of the product.
When calling DDS_DomainParticipantFactory_delete_participant once everything has been deleted correctly (i guess), i got an error "out of ressource" when selecting the records in table remote_participant_table:

key = NDDS_DomainParticipant_get_key(self);
if (participant->remote_participant_table){
cursor = NULL;
dbrc = DB_Table_select_all_default(participant->remote_participant_table,&cursor);
}
Here dbrc is out of ressource and ressources seems to be linked to table cursor which is always 1 (initializer and RTI source code).

I don t manage to kill all DDS entities and clean my process.

Rgds

I have done this code:
Construction
NDDS_DomainParticipant_assert_remote_participant(participant,&rem_parti_data,&is_new);
NDDS_DomainParticipant_assert_remote_publication(participant,this->dpseConf->partnerName,&rem_publication_data,NDDS_TYPEPLUGIN_USER_KEY);
Destruction
NDDS_DomainParticipant_enable_remote_participant_name(participant,&rem_parti_data);   <------ enable needed otherwise next call fails because of timer ????NDDS_DomainParticipant_remove_remote_participant(participant,&rem_parti_data.key);   <---- this remove includes remove_remote_publication

DDS_DomainParticipantFactory_delete_participant(DDS_DomainParticipantFactory_get_instance(),this->participant);  <----- FAILS !!!

So I have a better idea of what is happening but really, it seems configuration of RTI DDS is very touchy.

*My error "out_of_ressources" when process was selecting a cursor in a table was linked to a previous function call: DDS_DomainParticipant_get_discovered_participants().
MAY BE, with this call i was getting the only ressource. --> This code was not used so i remove it and now it seems better. BUT:

I have a test where i boot and launch a datareader and a built in publication and remote participant.
I launch the corresponding datawriter and everything is OK
I kill the datawriter, destroy all entities of my datareader (except partipant), recreate the datareader and the built in remote publication and participant.
I launch the corresponding datawriter and everything is OK

Now i keep my datawriter and destroy all entities of my datareader (except partipant), recreate the datareader and the built in remote publication and participant.
Then i got error:

ERROR:ModuleID=7,Errcode=84,X=1,E=0,STATUS=f8000084
  empty/RemoteParticipant.c:395/NDDS_DomainParticipant_refresh_remote_participant_liveliness:name=toto,ms=100000.

I have seen that calling NDDS_DomainParticipant_enable_remote_participant_name is doing something with timers so i added this call at init.

Now, i do my test again:

i boot and launch a datareader and a built in publication and remote participant.
Calling enable_remote function is making a match on local participant between its datareader (2.2.2.4) and the expected datawriter which is not yet here (3.3.3.3)
Shall i understand that calling "enable" means that i know that this remote will be here and so in advance i make a match ?
I launch the corresponding datawriter and i got following error:

Datareader side:
[273.583333310] ERROR:ModuleID=6,Errcode=60,X=1,E=0,STATUS=f0000000
  empty/RTPSInterface.c:3213/RTPSInterface_receive:oute

I kill the datawriter. ----> Datareader lost its match.
I relaunch the corresponding datawriter and everything is OK. ?????

For ERROR:ModuleID=7,Errcode=84,X=1,E=0,STATUS=f8000084
  empty/RemoteParticipant.c:395/NDDS_DomainParticipant_refresh_remote_participant_liveliness:name=toto,ms=100000.

in fact update of timer failed.

What should i do for this update to be successful or how to clean this entry before error raised in DPSE_ParticipantBuiltinDataReaderListener_on_data_available.

Hi Rodolf,

Starting from your comment #1, "empty/RemoteParticipant.c:625/NDDS_DomainParticipant_enable_remote_participant_name:name=dummyName" indicates a participant received a discovery message from a remote participant, but the name of the remote participant, communicated in the discovery message, does not match any locally asserted remote participant names.  The HelloWorld_dpse example shows how a remote participant is asserted with a remote_participant_name parameter: 

retcode = DPSE_RemoteParticipant_assert(application->participant,
                                            remote_participant_name);
    if (retcode != DDS_RETCODE_OK) {
        printf("failed to assert remote participant\n");
        goto done;
    }

Can you verify that the participant names match in your application?

A note on the DPSE_ParticipantBuiltinDataReaderListener: it is the listener used by a participant's internal/builtin reader for receiving participant discovery messages, where it receives samples via its on_data_available that you've looked at.  It should not need to be changed or extended by a user.  

For comment #2, "[1059.299999989] ERROR:ModuleID=7,Errcode=86,X=0,E=1,STATUS=0 ... <not found>/<not found>:-1/<not found>:<not found>" is the same error as above, but without the filename, function name, line number, etc displayed.  I will get back to you on why those are not found to be displayed.

For comment #6, do I understand correctly that your application is calling directly the functions NDDS_DomainParticipant_assert_remote_participant(), NDDS_DomainParticipant_enable_remote_participant_name(), and NDDS_DomainParticipant_remove_remote_participant()? That should not be necessary.  As done in the HelloWorld_dpse example, the function to assert a remote participant for DPSE is DPSE_RemoteParticipant_assert() and the function to assert a remote publication is DPSE_RemotePublication_assert().

For comment #7, DDS_DomainParticipant_get_discovered_participants() is present in the header file but it is not a supported function (it is not publicly documented) and from code-inspection I see a problem where a database cursor is not finished, so you are correct that its call was responsible for your "out of resources" log message.

NDDS_DomainParticipant_enable_remote_participant_name() is an internal API and should not be called by the user.  That you're getting the error msg " ERROR:ModuleID=7,Errcode=84,X=1,E=0,STATUS=f8000084, empty/RemoteParticipant.c:395/NDDS_DomainParticipant_refresh_remote_participant_liveliness:name=toto,ms=100000." may be because of what I asked about for comment #1 where the participant names do not match in your application.  Let me know if this still happens after you check and update your application.

Regards,

Edward

Hi Edward,

Thanks for reply.
In fact you are right. Helloworld_dpse is working fine.

I made a mistake by willing:

1/ reconstruct my entities except the participant in dpse.
2/ calling at cleaning step NDDS_DomainParticipant_remove_remote_participant.

It is working well (datawriter always publishing + creation/destruction/creation of corresponding datareader)

Thanks a lot, i was going in the wrong direction.

Regards,

Rodolf

#comment 1: i am sure that name of remote participant is correct. (also wireshark shows that GUID and name are correct on both side)
#comment 6: yes i was using internal functions for my DPSE. In fact, at a certain time of development i have lighted out that i needed to construct myself the participantbuitin data (not the case through function DPSE_assert_remote which creates its built in data based on next available ID which i could not know later on if needed).

I made a test where i specify rtps_id host_id and instance_id to see if it is working also well.
And here, at reconstruction i got the error:

ERROR:ModuleID=7,Errcode=83,X=1,E=0,STATUS=f800006c
  empty/RemoteParticipant.c:369/NDDS_DomainParticipant_refresh_remote_participant_liveliness:name=

ERROR:ModuleID=10,Errcode=43,X=1,E=0,STATUS=f0000000
  empty/DPSEParticipantListener.c:268/DPSE_ParticipantBuiltinDataReaderListener_on_data_available:

So when i specify a GUID for the participants, it is not working.
In fact with DPSE_remote_assert the key in table is 0.0.0.x
When the partners connect, in on_data_available, it receives 3.3.3.x
So key is not found which leads to error.

remote_participant = NULL;
dbrc = DB_Table_select_match(participant->remote_participant_table,DB_TABLE_DEFAULT_INDEX,(DB_Record_T*)&remote_participant,(DB_Key_T) key);
if (dbrc != DB_RETCODE_OK)
             DDSC_Log_refresh_rem_participant(OSAPI_LOGKIND_ERROR,remote_participant->data.participant_name.name);

The pitty seems to be that for GUID unknown, RTI calls NDDS_DomainParticipant_lookup_name.
In the other case, it makes 
DB_Table_select_match(participant->remote_participant_table,DB_TABLE_DEFAULT_INDEX,(DB_Record_T*)&record,(DB_Key_T)&data->key);
+ NDDS_DomainParticipant_lookup_name(participant,data->participant_name.name);

I hope we can find a solution for this use case.
In comparison to helloworld_dpse example, add host id, instance id , to have a custom GUID and to find out about this issue.

Regards,

Rodolf