confused with error info 'No interface found enabled for multicast '

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
confused with error info 'No interface found enabled for multicast '

I am a freshman. After download RTI 5.0.0. Following the RTI_CoreLibrariesAndUtilities_GettingStarted.pdf instruction , I wanted try '3.1 Bulitding and Running "Hello, word"'. After compiled the example codes in VS2008 successfully, I run the executable program 'HelloSubscriber.exe' first according to the manual's words. Then error. One topic in the forum told us can changing the Qos configuration info to disable multicast. But I think this example without using Qos configuration , just creates participant with default Qos settings by the parameter when call DDSDomainParticipantFactory::get_instance()->create_participant(...,DDS_PARTICIPANT_QOS_DEFAULT,...). Mybe I lost some steps ,just like start DDS server?

rip
rip's picture

Hi Leo,

RTI Connext DDS does not have a server.  Multicast is used for peer-to-peer discovery.

1) What OS are you running on (Assuming some Windows version, because VS2008)

2) What is the result of ipconfig /all

3) How is your machine attached to a network (WiFi, cable, ?)

Regards,

Rip

Thanks a lot.

OS platform is Windows.And I have configurated three IP addresses  at the same time for convenience to work in different networks.

And I have suspected the network accessing. Because I tested the example with no connection to any network. Of course cannot enable multicast. Accordding to your suggest I will try again.

Regards.