nddscppd.dll not found in path

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
nddscppd.dll not found in path

I can build and run my software in release mode.  Debug mode builds/links but when code is executed (dll to a 3rd party application) I get an error that the the debug .dlls are not found.  They are located in the same place as the the release vertions (nddscpp.dll, etc) and the path points to it (evidenced by the code running without error).  It seems like a very simple problem, but I cannot come up with the cause.

Any clues?

Fernando Garcia's picture

Hi JayC,

How are you running your application? Are you setting the path manually or you have a script that launches the application? Are you loading some other DLLs that have a dependency on nddscppd.dll?

Fernando.

rose's picture

Hello JayC,

This might be due to other DLLs not being found that our DLLs depend on.  

When you run the 3rd party application, is it on a machine that has Visual Studio installed?  One likely cause is that the debug versions of the Visual Studio C++ libraries are not available on that machine, so when the application tries to load our debug libraries, they fail to load.  This would explain why the release .dlls run correctly in the same location, because the machine may have the Visual C++ Redistributable Package installed, which provides the release versions of the Visual Studio libraries.

If you need the debug versions of our .dlls to load correctly, Visual Studio (full or Express) must be installed on that machine.

Thank you,

Rose

Found it.  there was another dll that was not found.  The error listed all of the debug RTI dlls along with some core windows dlls and down at the bottom there was one i should have had in my path that wasn't there.  Thanks for the quick and good support :)