Lookup for NDDS_Transport_UDPv4 errors

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lookup for NDDS_Transport_UDPv4 errors

Where can NDDS_Transport errors be looked up to determine what they mean?

I have received the following error:

NDDS_TRANSPORT_UDPv4_receive_rEA:OS rec'v from () failure, error 0x9

I would like to know what this error means and why I might have received it - but I would also like to know where I should go to look this up, some reference in documentation?

rip
rip's picture

Hi,

The UDPv4 errors in that range are coming from the underlying OS.  0x9 is EBADF and indicates a read on a closed socket -- probably.  Depends on what was happening around that point in the runtime.

Regards,

rip

I was intentionally configuring the system with an invalid IP address (testing fault behavior) when this error was seen.  The IP address was misconfigured and the software was shutdown - the error was presented during shutdown.

rip
rip's picture

Aha.  So it really was a bad file descriptor, the socket couldn't be opened in the first place.

I was hoping that it was expected due to what I was doing, but I didn't know where to look up the error.  Is there an index somewhere or is posting on this forum the best way to find out?

rip
rip's picture

Google will be the answer :) 

Transport errors (effectively anthing with NDDS_TRANSPORT_<transport>) will be passing an underlying, OS specific value out to the console.  You'll need to dig into your host-os include/header files (if Unix-like) or google 'windows socket error codes'.

Rip

Thank you!