Location of Real-Time Connect

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Location of Real-Time Connect

I have RTI Connect Profession version 5.1.0 installed and would like to try the Real-Time connect service to save topic data to a relational database.  The Getting Started guide indicates that the service (RTI_Real-Time_Connect_<version>) should be in the installation directory.  I cannot find this in my installation.  I also can't find any documentation for the service in the docs_5.1.0 folder.  Does anyone know the location of this service or how it can be accessed from another tool?   Also, is the "Database Integration Service" another name for Real-Time Connect?
Thanks,

Anne Fiore

Organization:
Fernando Garcia's picture

Hello Anne,

Did you install RTI Connext Professional 5.1.0 for Red Hat Enterprise 6? Unfortunately, the Professional Edition for RHEL 6 does not include Real-Time Connect -- only the one for RHEL 5. You can download the RTI Real-Time Connect bundle from support portal (32- or 64-bit) and install it separately. I have been able to run it successfully both on RHEL 6 and Ubuntu 12.04.

Please, let me know if you cannot find these bundles or you are using a different version of RTI Professional.

Fernando.

Thanks very much.  I was able to get the code/documentation downloaded.

I have a follow up question on this topic.  I downloaded the Real-Time Connect and installed it with my RTI RHEL 6 64-bit installation.  However I think I'm having a library compatibilty issue.  When I run rtirtc_mysql I get the following error:

RTI Real-Time Connect to MySQL, Release 5.1.0: startup succeeded
[DDSQLDaemonCNAHelper_createCNAConnection,line 1033:ERROR:4096:50002] [CNA:CNAOpen] Error initializing MySQL Server Queue: [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.5.37-0ubuntu0.12.04.1]Can't open shared library 'librtirtc_mysqlq.so' (errno: 0 libnddsc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[DDSQLDaemonCore_ConnectionThreadProc,line 4079:ERROR:18] Error creating connection to database log

I verified that all the shared libraries are in LD_LIBRARY_PATH and I found that this error can also occur if libraries are not compatible.

librtirtc_mysqlq.so is for architecture x64Linux2.6gcc4.1.1 but my RTI libraries (libnddsc.so, etc.) are for architecture x64Linux2.6gcc4.4.5

Could this be the problem?  If so, is there any way to get an RTC build that is compatible with 4.4.5 or would it be better to drop back to an older RTI version?

Fernando Garcia's picture

Hello Anne,

You should be able to run Real-Time Connect mixing libraries like you are doing. I think your problem is that librtirtc_mysqld.so cannot find libnddsc.so and libnddscore.so, even though you have set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Probably the environment the MySQL plugin is running in is different than the one you set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH in. That's why it won't load those libraries from its path.

The easiest solution is probably to copy libnddscore.so and libnddsc.so into /usr/lib. That should make it work. A more sophisticated solution would be to add a file under /etc/ld.so.conf.d with the path to your libraries and then run sudo ldconfig.

Let me know if this works for you,
Fernando.

Thanks, Fernando,

Copying the libraries to /usr/lib worked!