DOCTYPE file not found

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
dknippel's picture
DOCTYPE file not found

Hi All,

I'm defining some custom types in and XML document and per RTI's suggestion, I'm specifying a !DOCTYPE like so:

<!DOCTYPE types SYSTEM 'C:/Program Files (x86)/RTI/ndds.5.1.0/resource/rtiddsgen/schema/rti_dds_topic_types.dtd'>

However, I'm getting the following error:

Warning: The DTD file '/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RTI/ndds.5.1.0/resource/rtiddsgen/schema/rti_dds_topic_types.dtd' does not exist. rtiddsgen will use the default DTD located under 'C:/Program Files (x86)/RTI/ndds.5.1.0/scripts/../resource/rtiddsgen/schema/rti_dds_topic_types.dtd'

Do you see the "/" before the "C:/" above ?  Does anybody know why the rtiddsgen tool is prefixing my path with that "/"?  How do I prevent that?

Thanks,

Dennis

Organization:
Gerardo Pardo's picture

Hi Dennis,

I am speaking from memory so I may very well be wrong but I think the DOCTYPE needs to use a the URI syntax. In this case the syntax in Windows would be something like:

<!DOCTYPE types SYSTEM 'file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/RTI/ndds.5.1.0/resource/rtiddsgen/schema/rti_dds_topic_types.dtd'>   

Could you give that a try?

Gerardo

dknippel's picture

Hi Gerardo,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried your suggestion and it did indeed remove the prefixing "/".  Unfortunately, rtiddsgen still cannot find the *.dtd file I specify; provoking the following warning:

Warning: The DTD file 'C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RTI/ndds.5.1.0/resource/rtiddsgen/schema/rti_dds_topic_types.dtd' does not exist. rtiddsgen will use the default DTD located under 'C:/Program Files (x86)/RTI/ndds.5.1.0/scripts/../resource/rtiddsgen/schema/rti_dds_topic_types.dtd'

Alas, I have confirmed the file exists and I am using the correct full path.  Is the problem perhaps due to the spaces in the path?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dennis