Vehicle Tracking - run by VS2010

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vehicle Tracking - run by VS2010

hello,

I have a problem when I want to run the "Vehicle Tracking" use case in Visual Studio 2010 ! [I attach my screen shot of my problem].

I use a 30 days license, and I'm sure it works correct.[I attached the screen shot of it,too].

after I click on the problem that mention abow!, the 'detail.jpg' error appear :( [attache it , too].

(Unhandled exception at 0x01812184 in TrackGUIApp.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xcdcdcde9.)

whould you please help me?

Many thanks

AttachmentSize
Image icon problem.jpg290.24 KB
Image icon rti.jpg64.28 KB
Image icon detail.jpg217.56 KB
Organization:
rose's picture

Hello ashlly, 

It looks like the application is failing to create a DomainParticipant (and then not handling that failure correctly, which we will need to fix).

Can you add this line at the beginning of  TrackApp::OnInit() ?  This should give some additional messages that might help explain why the DomainParticipant is not being created.  

NDDSConfigLogger::get_instance()->set_verbosity(NDDS_CONFIG_LOG_VERBOSITY_WARNING);

Thank you!

Rose

Hello Rose,

I added the line

NDDSConfigLogger::get_instance()->set_verbosity(NDDS_CONFIG_LOG_VERBOSITY_WARNING);

at the beginning of  TrackApp::OnInit() 

and then this error appear ! [I attached it by 'detail2.jpg' name]

what should I do right now ?! please guide me more

thank you

File Attachments: 

I can't run it yet :((

please help me , I need to run it and customize myself it.

what should I do ?

rip
rip's picture

Hi,

The runtime Launcher is not license-managed.  That it runs is irrelevant to the problem you are having.  The runtime libraries (the "core") is license managed, when using the 30 day license.

When you downloaded the 30day installer, you will have received an email that included the license file.  My guess is that you either didn't see it and didn't do anything with it, OR you saw it but it is now in the wrong spot on your hard drive, and the core can't find it. ("No source for License information").

The file will be titled rti_license.dat. 

1) Where is the file, and when you've found it,

2) Where did you put it/where should it be?

Section 2.2.1 of the Getting Started Guide:

2.2.1 Installing the License File

Save the license file in any location of your choice; the locations checked by the middleware are listed below.
Each time your Connext application starts, it will look for the license file in the following locations until it finds a valid license:

1.  In your application’s current working directory, in a file called rti_license.dat. 
2.  In the location specified in the environment variable RTI_LICENSE_FILE, which you may set to point to the full path of the license file, including the filename (for example, C:\RTI\my_license_file.dat).
3.  In the Connext installation, in the file $NDDSHOME/rti_license.dat. (See Section 3.1.1.1 for details on NDDSHOME.)

As Connext attempts to locate and read your license file, you may (depending on the terms of the license) see a printed message with details about your license.
If the license file cannot be found or the license has expired, your application may be unable to initialize Connext, depending on the terms of the license.
If that is the case, your application’s call to DomainParticipantFactory.create_participant() will return null, preventing communication.

Regards,

rose's picture

Hello ashlly, 

Rip is correct – I misread the initial error message about the missing license file, which is causing the other issues. Please let us know if everything works correctly once the application is finding the correct license file!

Thank you!

Rose 

Hi,

many thanks for your replys,

But ! as you see in the attachment snapshot at this post, you can see that my license will be expire in 24-jan-2014 and also i puy it in correct place !

I can't run it yet :(( i have the same erro yet that I mention up!

what should I really do ? :(

File Attachments: 
rip
rip's picture

You should really read the getting started guide, and you should really read the comment I made above.

D:\Program Files\RTI\rti_license.dat

is NOT one of the locations that the core will look for the license file, UNLESS your working directory when you launch the application is D:\Program Files\RTI which I doubt is the case.

If you installed the RTI code in D:\Program Files\RTI, then %NDDSHOME% must be set to D:\Program Files\RTI\ndds.<version>.  I'm assuming that since your license file expires in January 2014, <version> will be 5.0.0. 

One:  do you have NDDSHOME set, and Two:  try moving the rti_license.dat file to the D:\Program Files\RTI\ndds.5.0.0 directory

If my assumptions above are incorrect, read the getting started guide, follow the steps described there, and let us know where it diverges from reality.

Hello,

thank you very much, I could solve the problem by adding the license file to NDDSHOME directly :D

I'm so appreciate for you helps,

Now one more thing, I hava another problem,

I need to change the Map of this example,

How should I do it ? would you please help me one more thime ?

I can find the place that I should change it [I attached that],  But I'm not familiar with the files that are in "resource" folder :(

File Attachments: 
rose's picture

Hello ashlly, 

This example uses a shapefile map to display data.  Maps in a shapefile format are pretty easy to find in the public domain.  You can replace that with a different shapefile, but be aware of a couple things:

• Different shapefiles may use different projections.  This map uses mercator (UTM) projections.  (The projection to use will usually be part of the documentation that comes along with your shapefile).  Look at this method that converts between latitude/longitude and UTM: ConvertLatLongToUTM().  You may have to modify this method if the map projection is different, or if it is in a different zone (search for "UTM zone map" to get an idea of the different zones).
  • The code in this example points to the latitude/longitudes near SFO, and will have to be modified: search for SFO_LAT, SFO_LONG, etc.

Thank you!

Rose

Hi,

thank you Rose,

But I can't change it easily :(

I need to change this map by a map of Tehran,Iran.

Would you please hepl me step by step ?

rose's picture

Hello ashlly, 

The first thing you need to do is find a map in shapefile format.  You can also use Open Street Map (.osm) files, and convert them to shapefiles.  (I found a utility to do this, but I can't find the link.  This changed an .osm map into a shapefile map in latitude/longitude format). 

You must make the following changes:

• TrackGUI.cxx and TrackGenerator.cxx:
    • Change SFO_LAT and SFO_LONG to be the latitude/longitude of the airport you want the aircraft to land in, such as: #define AIRPORT_LAT /* latitude you want */ #define AIRPORT_LONG /* longitude you want */
  • TrackGenerator.cxx:
    • Change APPROACH_BEGIN_LAT and APPROACH_BEGIN_LONG to be a lat/long where you want the aircraft to begin to approach the airport.  you can set this to be the same as your destination latitude and longitude if you want.
  • TrackGuiApp.cxx:
    • Change this to point to the new path for your shapefile maps, such as

filePath = "..\\..\\..\\resource\\my-shapefile\\roads.dbf";

If your map is in latitude/longitude format instead of UTM, you must also do this:

• TrackGUI.cxx:  Comment out all calls to ConvertLatLongToUTM(), since this new map is in lat/long format.

Attached is a copy of the TrackGUI.cxx, TrackGenerator.cxx, and TrackGuiApp.cxx files with changes to support a file that is in latitude/longitude format - all you have to do is #define the AIRPORT_LAT and AIRPORT_LONG, and find a shapefile.

(You may also want to change the flight details in the flight plan application, but that should be easier.)

Thank you,

Rose

rose's picture

Hello ashlly,

A couple more details if you have trouble finding a shapefile:

Thank you!

Rose

Hello;

Many Many thanks for your clear reply,

I have new problem in this Case Study

when I want to run "RTI Monitor Tool" to see more information about Topics (AirTrack and FlightPlan)

I see this error !

"incompatible shared memory segment found.Found segment with max message size 9216.Needed 65507"

I don't know really how should I fix this error !

please help me

by the way, please guilde me step by step as before

mant thanks

Gerardo Pardo's picture

Hi,

thank you Gerardo

but I can't run RTI MOnitor for this Case Study yet :(

whould you please help me step by step

thank you

Hi,

I'm waiting for your response ....

please guide me step by step