Trojan.Gen.2 virus alert for RTI Real-Time Connect 4.5d rtirtc_timesten.exe

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Trojan.Gen.2 virus alert for RTI Real-Time Connect 4.5d rtirtc_timesten.exe

Hi,

I got a Trojan.Gen.2 virus alert for the RTI Real-Time Connect 4.5d\bin\i86Win32\rtirtc_timesten.exe program, when my computer ran its schedule virus scan. 

This is from the installed package for RTI DDS 4.5d for i86 32-bit for Windows. I thought I'd alert you guys to this. Not sure if this is a real virus or the virus scanner (McAfee) mistakenly picking it up as a trojan.

Elvis Dowson

I just did a search on the internet and there is a chance that this might be a false-positive. If you can replicate this at the labs, then you could submit the file to Symantec so that they adjust their virus definitions.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Risk-of-Trojan-Gen-2/td-p/413732

Elvis Dowson

Hello Elvis,

This should be a case of false-positive. We were able to reproduce this symptom using Symantec Antivirus 10.1.5, and we have submitted a false-positive report to Symantec. 

Best regards,

Ronald

Hello Elvis,

Symantec have responded to our false-positive report, and they updated their virus definition file. Using the latest version "9/23/2011 rev. 2", I rescanned the same files and now Symantec doesn't report the virus anymore. Can you try to update your virus definition?

Best regards,
Ronald

Frank J. Crow's picture

I had posted the same report on this forum prior to 8/30/11.   For some reason I cannot find that particular post.   Perhaps it was removed or something?   Anyway, I'm glad to see that this has been resolved and have forwarded this information to our IT department.

Thanks,

Frank

Frank J. Crow's picture

I had posted the same report on this forum prior to 8/30/11.   For some reason I cannot find that particular post.   Perhaps it was removed or something?   Anyway, I'm glad to see that this has been resolved and have forwarded this information to our IT department.

Thanks,

Frank

sydneyK's picture

Another type of virus came out recently, according to Computer security firm Symantec it has discovered a computer virus dubbed Duqu. The computer virus reportedly contains “very similar” programming to the Stuxnet virus which also came out last June 2010. The researchers at Symantec believe that Duqu, so named because it creates files with ~DQ at the beginning, was programmed by someone with direct access to the Stuxnet source code. The virus is not the same, but it is very similar. I read the article here: Duqu virus uses Stuxnet DNA to mine industrial data