creation of topic with profile requires sending data twice

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
creation of topic with profile requires sending data twice

Hello, please I'd appreciate any help wit this.

I've noticed that if I create a topic based on an XML profile (via "create_topic_with_profile"), it turns out that I have to invoke "send" twice in order for the message to be sent, no matter the kind of Qos I'm using (even with reliable reliability). I'm sure I'm setting the same QoS for both the DataReader and the DataWriter, and I'm creating only 1 participant in publisher side (with default QoS) that contains 1 publisher (with default QoS); also, I'm creating only 1 participant in subscriber side (with default QoS) that contains 1 subscriber (with default QoS)

Has this ever happened to anybody?

Thanks

rip
rip's picture

Be careful:  "with default QoS" may not be the profile you expect.

Also, there is no 'send()' command.  do you mean write? (ie, some <writer>.write(inst, inst_hndl))

Example code and/or an example XML file may be helpful.

Gerardo Pardo's picture

Are you using create_topic_with_profile() just to create the Topic but then creating the DataWriter and DataReader with the regular create_datawriter() and create_datareader() operations?

Gerardo

Hello,

I'm creating DW and DR with create_datawriter_with_profile and create_data_reader_with_profile.

roderick

rip
rip's picture

And are you sure that the QoS file that you are targeting with the named configurations, is the QoS file that the participant is sourcing?

When you inspect the entities in Admin Console, for example, does the QoS show what you expect?

Hello, I'll inspect the entities as you say.

Thanks