A question about multi subscribers to a same publish topic.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
A question about multi subscribers to a same publish topic.

I'm using 4.5c now.

Runing a rtiddsping publisher on Host A(vxworks5.5).

Runing a rtiddsping subscriber on Host B(vxworks5.5).

---------------both are OK.

when I run another rtiddsping subscriber on Host C (windows XP), Host C can't recv any sample. And at the same time ,Host B can't recv any sample immediately. But when I shutdown the rtiddsping subscriber on Host C ,Host A and Host B can resore to community with each other after a few time.

If Host A/B/C all are windowXP,Run application is OK. 

why? Is because of My VxWorks image or bootrom?

If I want to solve this question in myself application,how can I do?(which Qos must be set? )

Is

Thank you ,very much.

Gerardo Pardo's picture

Hi,

This should not be happening. For a particular appliction, the fact that the other application is running on WindowsXP versus VxWorks should have no effect. There are some configurations that limit the number of remote readers that are allowed in any given data-writer, but as far as I know the out-the-box settings are the same in all the platforms. And more importantly you would not need to modify these limits until you have a much larger system.

Can you give me more details on what you are seeing?  Are there any firewalls in your system? Is multicast communications enabled between the VxWorks and the WindowsXP?

Gerardo 

I have no firewall on VxWorks and WindowsXP ,and also support multicast. I said above phenomenon may be operating system independent, but only is my test environment. I tried, if the DataReader / DataWriter the Qos to manually set a multicast address, then everything is normal, but should not need to manually set, but it is automatically assigned. In other words, two nodes automatically point to point communication, multicast communication to more than two automatic, not need to manually set the multicast address. Am I right? Thank You for your reply.