routing service over wan with ndds android library

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
routing service over wan with ndds android library

Hi all,

I'm new with rti connext, and i have some question about how to achieve  communication between pub  and sub that are in different lan network. For my master thesis dissertation i have develop an android App that receive data from other devices in the same lan network using default qos. The next step is to understand how i can achieve communication between mobile devices over a wan network. Looking on rti manuals i have thought that i could use routing service tcp wan concepts. So i would like to understand if with routing service concept with nddconnext android library i could achieve my aim.

Thankyou in advance,

Manuel

Manuel

Its common that UDP is not available over a WAN connection and so using TCP is necessary for connectivity. Without UDP Multicast, DDS applications need a little help in discovering each other, i.e. an IP address of the machine hosting the other DDS application.  From each machine you will need to know an IP address with which the other machine is reachable (e.g. can reach with (IP) ping, not DDS ping). This may have to account for NATs and other gateways. It is to simplify this that it may help to use a DDS Routing Service. Note that there are particular QoS settings that achieve NAT traversal and you need to understand these and your network before deciding if you need to use Routing Service.

Dave