Getting Source Code for RTI DDS 5.1

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Getting Source Code for RTI DDS 5.1

I just realized I needed the source code for RTI DDS 5.1. However only the source code for 5.2 is avaliable on the website. Is there anyway to get the previous versions source code?

Fernando Garcia's picture

Hi Jason,

You can download the RTI Connext DDS 5.1 source code from support.rti.com. Once you are logged in, click on Downloads, select the 5.1.0 version on the dropdown list and look for "RTI Core Source Code 5.1.0".

Fernando.

Do you need to be a paid user to login?

Fernando Garcia's picture

Hi,

I do not know if you need to be a paid customer to access the source code of an older version. You can email info@rti.com or contact your local RTI representative and request access to 5.1.0's source code.

Out of curisoity, why do you need 5.1.0 as opposed to 5.2.0? If it is because backward compabiltiy issues, you can run 5.2.0 applications using 5.1.0-compatibility mode using the following built-in QosProfile:

<qos_profile name="your_profile_name" base_name="BuiltinQosLibExp::Baseline.5.1.0" is_default_qos="true"/>

For more information on how to configure built-in QoS profiles, check out this example.

Thanks,
Fernando.

The approval we have right now for our system is to only use 5.1.0, we do want to move to 5.2.0 and are trying to work out getting that approved for us to use.