nddscppd.dll is missing from your computer

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
nddscppd.dll is missing from your computer

Hi,

**EDIT**: There is also a problem where when I build the solution, it builds the two projects (publisher and subscriber) but after building the publisher, the files are overridden after building the subscriber. Why is this?

--

I have created a simple IDL file, and have used the "rtiddsgen -example" command to generate all the necessary pub/sub files (Windows 7, x64, VS2012). I have opened the solution file and built the two projects publisher and subscriber. When running the subscriber, I get an error message saying that:

"The program can't start because nddscppd.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I know there are a couple of topics already related to this file, but I didn't understand them clearly.

I would appreciate the help a lot. Thanks.

Gerardo Pardo's picture

Hi,

What version of RTI Connext DDS are you using? In my answer I assume it us Connext 5.2 (or later) otherwise the info below is not correct.

The nddscppd.dll file is part of the distribution and found under the RTI Connext DDS Home (NDDSHOME) lib/<platform> directory. In the case of your platform would be under lib/x64Win64VS2012. They are not overriden by rtiddsgen.

The error could indicate a couple of things:

(1) The paths in the VisualStudio file are not set correctly to look under the NDDSHOME/lib/<platform> directory. You can checkthe /LIBPATH used by VisualStudio. You can see this looking at the Linker command line (see attached screenshot) in my case you can see there /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files\rti_connext_dds-5.2.0\bin\..\lib\i86Win32VS2012" which resolves to C:\Program Files\rti_connext_dds-5.2.0\lib\i86Win32VS2012 which is right in my case bacause I have a 32-bit OS.

This error is not so likely if you generated the example project using rtiddsgen in Connext DDS 5.2 because it automatically puts the right environment there. But could appear if you moved the installation to a different directory after you generated the project, or if you are using Connext DDS 5.1 or earlier as in this case you would need to set NDDSHOME manually.

(2) You do have the nddscppd.dll in your PATH but you are missing the proper redistributable for the specific version of VisualStudio 2012 that we used to build RTI Connext DDS. I am not sure if this would create the problem you show or it will be displayed differently. But you can check theseo solutions for a background of the problem and how to address is (although these are written for a different version of VisualStudio. https://community.rti.com/kb/how-resolve-error-application-was-unable-start-correctly-0xc0150002-click-ok-close-application

You can also use dependencywalker to check that there are no unresolved dependencies. This posting includes some details on how to install and use it to trobleshoot a similar link problem: https://community.rti.com/forum-topic/cant-get-java-dds-example-run

Gerardo

I was missing the directory in my PATH.

Thanks.