Installing RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW on a regular PC

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Installing RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW on a regular PC

Hi,

We are considering RTI DDS for our LabVIEW projects. I'm trying to set up and test the connection between a Windows PC and a regular laptop running LabVIEW RTOS.

When I try to install RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW to the LabVIEW RTOS laptop using NI MAX, I do not see the component which is shown from the RTI_DDS_Toolkit_for_LabVIEW_GettingStarted.pdf on 1.2.1 - Installing RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW Support Files on a Target. However, I do notice that the screenshot from the manual shows a CRIO-9068 is used for the toolkit.

Is there a compiled verison of RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW for regular laptop PC? Again, this hardware setup is for testing only. We will be deploying our solutions to IPCs in production.

Regards,

Jostein

sara's picture

Hi Jostein,

First of all, thanks for downloading and using our RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW. 

As stated in the Getting Started Guide, we only support NI Linux-based boards. Which LabVIEW RTOS does your laptop have? 

Also, the RT support files require a working license. And, although Windows support is free, RT one require a fee. We can enable an evaluation for you if you need to. I will follow up over email to set the meeting if that works for you. My email is sara@rti.com. Feel free to reach me directly.

Thanks,
Sara