C# application error on VS2015

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
C# application error on VS2015

Hi there,

I'm implementing two windows form apps using C# and Sql on windows 10 and VS2015. I have used the rtiddgen and added the VC++ project to my solution successfully. The solution builds but in the program's code I cannot use any of the DDS functions.
I have put the domainparticipant creation and topic creation functions into another public function. When I call that funtion (that is behind one of the form's buttons' event) it makes my form reload and does not create the domain participant. When I call the domain paritipant create function directly in my code, it gives me the following error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException' occurred in System.Windows.Forms.dll

Additional information: A procedure imported by 'nddsdotnet46.dll' could not be loaded.

Counld you help me find out what's wrong?

Thanks

Benito Palacios's picture

Hi Randy,

The library nddsdotnet46.dll depends on nddscore.dll, nddsc.dll and nddscpp.dll. Please, make sure that these libraries are in the application directory too. You can find more information in the following KB solution: What are the requirements for using the .NET API?

Regards,
Benito

Thanks Benito

I had referenced the RTI dlls in Aditional Dependencies of the project, but after your advice I coppied them into the execution directory. The error has changed, now it cannot load the VC++ project.dll.

Although I have put the VC++ project in my solution directory.

Benito Palacios's picture

Hi Randy,

Did you copy the VC++ project DLL file in the execution directory too? What error do you see?

Also, can you reproduce the issue with an unmodified project generated with rtiddsgen?

Regards,
Benito

Hi again,

Yes, the VC++ project dll is there too. Ofcourse, I didn't change the directory it was there already. 
I see the following error, at the line where I call the function which includes DDS functions:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException' occurred in OSS.exe

Additional information: A procedure imported by 'Foo_type.dll' could not be loaded.

I modified the rtiddsgen generated project the way I needed, and I don't get an error. Any project properties I'm missing?

I have the same problem. But ,the application can run in RELEASE mode with vs2015, but in DEBUG mode shows the error。

Hi lovexeagle,

I think the problem you are experiencing is the same one that was described here: https://community.rti.com/forum-topic/dds-makes-intellisense-stop-working-visual-studio-2015

Best,

Aida