Setup Java RTIDDS in NetBeans

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Setup Java RTIDDS in NetBeans

I've been attempting to setup RTIDDS in NetBeans for a bit. It's been going well, however, I'm stuck on the portion where when I try to compile the Hello.java example, I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nddsjavad in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1867)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:870)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1122)
at javaapplication1.Hello.main(Hello.java:297)

I have attempted to use the arguments box in NetBeans and typed java -Djava.library.path=<path_to_dll> and have tried using the System.setProperty("java.library.path", "<path to dll>") also to no avail. I have also tried to follow the youtube videos you guys have uploaded, however, it was made in 2010 and your folder structure has changed over the years.

asanchez's picture

Hi Mobat,

Unfortunately by setting -Djava.library.path you will not get NetBeans to run a DDS Java application. The issue is due to the fact that the library nddsjavad depends on more libraries, namely nddsc and nddscore, the environment cannot properly find these other dependencies.

This seems to be a problem related to the way llibraries are linked and how dependencies are resolved. The only workaround that I know is that you set the library path manually in a terminal and then run NetBeans from there.

- Antonio

Hey! Thanks for the quick reply. I'm exploring the possibility of doing what you said through our build system gradle (if it's possible) or even just creating a automated script so everything does not need to be done manually.

Thanks