DataWriter Destroy called but still shown in admin console...

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
DataWriter Destroy called but still shown in admin console...

until i close the VI.

is this an issue?  I ask because if my vi is closed abnormally or crashes (never!) then I can not get communication back between publisher/subscriber until both processes go down and are brought back up.

Hi JayC,

There is a timeout from when you 'finalize' an instance from LabVIEW until this entity can be deleted. By default this timeout is 10 seconds. This time can be modified using the LabVIEW administration panel (see attached picture) or the RTI DDS/Tools/DDS Debugging/Set Configuration Parameters.vi supported from the version 1.3.2.93 and on.

If you want you can attach a reproducer (and the steps to reproduce the issue) and I can try to help you to find a solution 

I hope the above helps,

Angel.

File Attachments: 

angel, thank you.  what is considered an inactive DDS entity? if my writer is just sitting, waiting to write something but not destroyed, is it inactive?

Hi JayC,

We considered an inactive DDS entity when no LabVIEW entities are using it. This solution shows an example about how LabVIEW shares DDS entities: https://community.rti.com/kb/why-does-only-one-my-reader-vis-get-new-samples

So, after all the LabVIEW entities which share a DDS entity call the release entity VI (or when the VI is aborted), then that DDS entity is considered as inactive, so when this 'timeout' is over, that entity can be deleted. 

Angel.