.Net native implementation?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
.Net native implementation?

I've not attempted to use the .Net library yet so apologies if this is a naive question.

Is the RTI .Net implementation native or the C++ implementation wrapped up and re-presented?

...to nearly answer my own question in a non-authorative way, I'm led to understand (but still not 100% sure) that this isn't a native .Net implementation of DDS but wraps the C++ libraries....unless you know different...

All of the .NET implementation is done in C++/CLI libraries calling into the normal DDS C/C++ libraries as required.  While it's pretty much wrapping the implementation, I had saw a number of instances where some thought had been put into optimizing the .NET implementation by reimplementing or rethinking a few of the operations, instead of blindly calling the corresponding C/C++ functions.

...actually that's probably not a bad thing really. At least it's using a single version of the code for the guts of the implementation, rather than two wholly independent implementations that are "the same" (but never quite!).