Error while running perftest

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Error while running perftest

Hi, 

I download RTI Perftest  RTI Connext DDS 1.1 and try to run it in VS 2015. I have received the error message "Error MSB6006 "cmd.exe" exited with code 3".

Please tell me, how can I fix it?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Chane

jmorales's picture

Hi Chane,

I was wondering: What version of RTI Connext DDS are you compiling against? I think we don't have the Visual Studio Solutions for VS2015 in RTI Perftest 1.1b, so: have you created them? Else, which ones are you using?

If you are using RTI Connext DDS 5.2.x, I encourage you to use RTI Perftest 2.1 (take it from here) , which should compile in an easier way and it will contain many more features and bug-fixes.

Regards,
Javi

jmorales's picture

Hi again,

Actually, I tried to reproduce your issue compiling against RTI Connext DDS 5.2.3 and using VS2015 with the Visual Studio solution for x64 VS2008 and I found something:

- The NDDSHOME variable has to be set in the environment where you are opening the VS solution, meaning: Set it in a terminal and then from that same terminal, call WDExpress.exe and the name of the solution.

- If you open the solution with a text editor, you'll see several references to "scripts/rtiddsgen", that was the place were we used to have our rtiddsgen tool, but starting in 5.2.0 we moved it to "bin/rtiddsgen". Replace all the references ti "bin/rtiddsgen"

- After doing that, I still wasn't able to compile, the reason being some deprecated functions in Property.h. My recomendation is that you remove from RTIDDSImpl.cxx and perftest_cpp.cxx the #include call as well as the references (all should be contain under an if statement). Then, remove the files from the project. The functionality added by that file was just to be able to parse a configuration file.

That made Perftest work for me. Still, I would totally recomend using RTI Perftest 2.1, compilation and execution will be much much better.

Dear Javier,

Thank you so much for you reply. I use rtiperftest version 5.2.0 with RTI Connext DDS 5.2.3 as well as I change to Visual Studio 2013. It works properly. Thank you again for your suggestion. This is very useful to me and other who have the same problem like this.

Regards,

Chane