Error while running RTI Routing Service

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Error while running RTI Routing Service

Hi everyone,

I got an error message from running Example 9 of RTI Routing Service Getting Started Guide Version 5.2.3.

The message tell that "The program can't start because nddscd.dll is missing from your computer" but I still

have that file in my computer (C:\Program Files\rti_connext_dds-5.2.3\lib\x64Win64VS2013).  

The error message as shown below (attached file). 

Please suggest me what should I address this problem.

Kind regards,

Chane

AttachmentSize
Image icon error_ex9.png22.92 KB
sara's picture

Hi Chane,

Could you try compiling in Release mode?  You can change that in the Visual Studio project or at compilation time. Do you still see this error? If so, could you verify your NDDSHOME and PATH environment variables?

Regards,
Sara

Thank you very much Sara. The error is gone. I can run Example 9 without the error but MySquare.txt have not been created. According to 

" 5. A file called MySquare.txt should have been created in the current directory. Open it with a text editor of your choice. It should contain several lines, each consisting of a list of <field>=<value> elements. Each line represents a sample (Square) published by Shapes Demo and written by Routing Service and the file adapter. "

Kind regards,

Chane 

sara's picture

Hi Chane,

Take into account that Routing Service by default is installed in the Program Files folder, so you may not be able to create the file there. Have you provided a path to the file? Do you have writing permissions in that folder? 
Also, Could you increase the verbosity of the log messages and see if there's any warning shown?

Thanks,
Sara