Web integration service: Making HTTP POST to other web server

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Web integration service: Making HTTP POST to other web server

I am working on a assignment to POST data from RTI web integration service to external web server.

I could not find a way to do this without writting a custom application which uses generated subscribe code and then perform HTTP POST. Could you please check and let me know the best option to perform this assignment.

Thank you!

Organization:
Fernando Garcia's picture

Hi Sam,

Web Integration Service does not embed a web client capable of performing HTTP requests, such as a POST operation to notify other web servers of changes in the DDS Global Data Space. It is indeed designed to do the opposite: listening to HTTP from client applications that (via a REST API) operate on DDS entities that are instantiated by Web Integration Service to interact with other DDS applications in the Global Data Space.

I assume that your end goal is to notify your web application any time one of the DataReaders in Web Integration Service receives new data. The simplest way of achieving this is scenario is to use long polling, which emulates a server push mechanism over HTTP by configuring client and server applications to perform long-lasting HTTP requests that do not trigger an immediate response.

We have a couple of examples on GitHub (in JavaScript and Python) that illustrate how to do long polling from a web application. Please, let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,
Fernando.

Hello Fernando,

Thank you for the quick and valuable information.

I suspect, the option to modify the web application is not available in my specific case; I will double check if it can be.

However the application does work with JMS. Is there any other way DDS subscribed data can be sent over JMS Topic or Queue?  

Regards,

Sam