Distributed logger

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Distributed logger

Hi there, first timer here!

Distributed logger doesn't have at this moment (version 5.3.1) a modern C++ API available, therefore, there is no possible way to set a domain::DomainParticipant from our own application. There is a plan to implement a modern C++ approach or there is a workaround for this?

Organization:
harish's picture

Hi Chemaduran,

Currently we do not have a modern C++ API for distributed Logger. However you can still use the Distributed Logger C API in your application as a work around.

If you want to set the DomainParticipant of the Distributed Logger, then you could set the native C Participant of the C++ Participant from your application in the distributed Logger.

An example indicating the steps is shown below:

dds::domain::DomainParticipant participant (domain_id);

struct RTI_DL_Options *dlOptions = RTI_DL_Options_createDefault();

// Set the Distributed Logger options
DDS_ReturnCode_t retcode = RTI_DL_Options_setDomainParticipant(dlOptions, participant->native_participant());
if (retcode != DDS_RETCODE_OK) {
    // Error handling
}

// Set any other options

if (!RTI_DL_DistLogger_setOptions(dlOptions)) {
    // Error handling
}

struct RTI_DL_DistLogger *distLog = RTI_DL_DistLogger_getInstance();
if (distLog == NULL) {
    // Error handling
}

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards

Harish

Ok, now I have a working app logging, and I'm receiving messages just like the RTI Monitor does. But...not all messages are received. Some are lost. All QoS policies (topic, DataWriter and DataReader) are set just like RTI Monitor does it. Is there anything that I have to tune. I'm sure the messages are sended, because with RTI Monitor I can see all of them. Any ideas?

no clue?

sara's picture

Hi Chema,

Could you explain exactly how to reproduce the scenario and which QoS are you setting?

Thanks,
Sara