Application crashing when we using third party NDDS library which is used by different processes for internal communication.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Application crashing when we using third party NDDS library which is used by different processes for internal communication.

Hi Team,

Our application is crashing and throwing an exception when we using NDDS library, which is used by different processes for internal communication.

This issue we are facing on some particular systems.We are not able to identify the issues.

Could you please check the screen shot of call stack, in which crahses seen in NDDS library and suggest us why this is happening ?  

For reference, I have attached screenshot of call stack of the crash.

Appreciate your guidance on this issue.

Regards

Krishna Sethi

AttachmentSize
Image icon callstack.png130.28 KB
irwin's picture

Krishna,

Your call stack indicates that by invoking the RTI libraries, you brought up DDS entities. Most likely a Participant. You are in one of our receive threads. It got a DDS message which it tries to deserialize. Looks like that message was garbage and we crashed in attempting to deserialize it. I presume that you are using our shared memory for internal communicatios. If so then I would disable the UDPv4 transport by only enabling the shared memory transport. Here is a Qos snippet to adcomplish that:

<participant_qos>
              <transport_builtin>
                <mask>SHMEM</mask>
              </transport_builtin>
            </participant_qos>

Irwin