hello_world_request_reply problem

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
hello_world_request_reply problem

I have tried to run the example for the hello_world_request_reply(C++) but it showed me the error message (shown below) on the command prompt. Can anyone advise on what I should do to correctly run the example?

Thanks in advance.

PrimeNumberReplier running (on domain 0)
Exception: connext::details::EntityUntypedImpl::initialize failure caused by EntityUntypedImpl::get_datawriter_qos:!get DataWriter qos

C:\Users\Jon\Documents\rti_workspace\6.0.0\my_examples\hello_world_request_reply (C++)\win32\..\.\objs\x64Win64VS2017\PrimeNumberReplier.exe (process 5936) exited with code -1.
To automatically close the console when debugging stops, enable Tools->Options->Debugging->Automatically close the console when debugging stops.
Press any key to close this window . . .

Hi,

I have just run the same example (for a different architecture) successfully.

I think the issue might be that your working directory doesn't contain the USER_QOS_PROFILES.xml, if you try to run the same example with your current directory as rti_workspace/6.0.0/examples/connext_dds/c++/hello_world_request_reply (it looks like you've made a copy of the connext_dds directory and renamed it my_examples so you will need to adjust this path accordingly) do you get the same results?

As an experiment I ran the example from the src/ directory and reproduced your issue:

~/rti_workspace/6.0.0/examples/connext_dds/c++/hello_world_request_reply/src$ .././objs/x64Linux3gcc5.4.0/PrimeNumberReplier 
DDS_QosProvider_get_datawriter_qos_from_profile:ERROR: Profile 'RequestReplyExampleProfiles::ReplierExampleProfile' not found
EntityUntypedImpl::get_datawriter_qos:!get DataWriter qos
connext::details::EntityUntypedImpl::initialize:!failed (see previous errors)

I have also run the orginal program which is in the same path as yours: (rti_workspace/6.0.0/examples/connext_dds/c++/hello_world_request_reply), however it gives me the same error message. Not sure if I run it the correct way but the steps is to 
1. Open the project sln file
2. Retarget Solution (for C++)

3. Debug and run

Exception: connext::details::EntityUntypedImpl::initialize failure caused by EntityUntypedImpl::get_datawriter_qos:!get DataWriter qos

C:\Users\Jon\Documents\rti_workspace\6.0.0\examples\connext_dds\c++\hello_world_request_reply\win32\..\.\objs\x64Win64VS2017\PrimeNumberReplier.exe (process 22264) exited with code -1.
To automatically close the console when debugging stops, enable Tools->Options->Debugging->Automatically close the console when debugging stops.
Press any key to close this window . . .

When you run from Visual Studio, you should set the current working directory in the project configuration to the base directory that contains the USER_QOS_PROFILES.xml file.