Routing Service Socket adapter

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Routing Service Socket adapter

I have created a routing service socket adapter in java. I am creating a adapter to read data from socket and preparing dynamic data sample from this. But it is not publishing in dds domain, i have correctly configure the socket_dds.xml routing service file provided topic name and registered type . Do i need to write data writer for publishing topic.

Plz help me.

asanchez's picture

Hi sujeets77,

Could you provide me with the configuration you are using? Also, are you reading from a socket and publishing to DDS, or the other way around?

- Antonio

I am creating a scoket adapter which read data from socket and publish a topic in DDS domain.

I have attached my configuration file. plz see it if there is any problem let me know.

File Attachments: 
asanchez's picture

Hi Sujeets77,

Is this question related to your other post? https://community.rti.com/forum-topic/routing-service-socket-adapter-java#comment-4989

If so, would you mind close this one and continue the discussion in the other one?

- Antonio

but my question is different, can you plz take a look on socket_dds.xml file, what is wrong in this file, i have defined the types in this file also.

asanchez's picture

Hi Sujeets,

Your configuration file looks good. Just noticed for the partcipant you are not registering the type manually (with the <registered_type> tag), which is fine assuming you are sending the types via discovery (default).

So probably what you need is to make sure your publishing application writes data in the socket with the proper address and port, otherwise your adapter will not receive any data.

- Antonio