[DDS 6.0] Cannot Create Domain Participant when using SHMEM on ubuntu 18.04

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
[DDS 6.0] Cannot Create Domain Participant when using SHMEM on ubuntu 18.04

Hi All,

I'm running into the following problem with RTI DDS 6.0 (5.31 works fine for me).

DDS cannot create any participants whenever shared memory is being used and fails with:

[D0000|ENABLE] DDS_DomainParticipantPresentation_reserve_participant_index_entryports:!enable reserve participant index
[D0000|ENABLE] DDS_DomainParticipant_enableI:Automatic participant index failed to initialize. PLEASE VERIFY CONSISTENT TRANSPORT / DISCOVERY CONFIGURATION.
NDDSAgent: DomainParticipant::enable error 1

For simplicity I reproduced and tested using DDSSpy as you can easily switch QoS Profiles between UDP and SHMEM.

I'll attach the complete status log. Where you can see that Participant creation for all different port/address combination fails.

My suspicion is that a recend ubuntu update causes the issues. Current kernel version:

Linux version 5.0.0-1033-oem-osp1 (buildd@lgw01-amd64-005) (gcc version 7.4.0 (Ubuntu 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04.1))

Thanks in advance

~Jochen

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon ddsspylog.txt79.38 KB
irwin's picture

Try setting  DDS_WireProtocolQosPolicy::rtps_auto_id_kind to RTPS_AUTO_ID_FROM_IP

RTI Support was helpful just now

https://community.rti.com/static/documentation/connext-dds/6.0.1/doc/manuals/connext_dds/html_files/RTI_ConnextDDS_CoreLibraries_ReleaseNotes/index.htm#ReleaseNotes/WhatsFixed/601/FixesTransports.htm 

actually caused by a bug that got fixed with 6.0.1

the value of my network adapter's mac adress caused this issue.. wow how unlicky