Running RTI installation on Raspberry Pi 3

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Running RTI installation on Raspberry Pi 3

Hi, 

This is my first time doing RTI on raspberry pi 3. I currently have downloaded rti_connext_dds-6.0.1-eval-x64Linux3gcc5.4.0.run on my raspberry pi. I'm unable to run "rti_connect_dds-6.0.1-eval-i86Linux3gcc5.4.0.run" on Raspberry Pi's terminal. 

Is there anything I need to download to be able to run this .run file?

Thanks in advance!

irwin's picture

Hi,

As you noticed thatyou cannot do the direct install on the Raspberry Pi. The Raspberry PI is considered an embedded target. That means that there is no host download for it. The current method is to install the Raspberry Pi target .rtipkg on your Linux host, then cross compile and then load your executable(s) in the PI. Given that you are using an Evaluation download, you do not have the ability to access the armv6/7 rtiupkg's. I would suggest that you evalute RTI DDS Connext on your Linux platform. RTI connext behavior is exactly the same as it would be on Linux or the Raspberry PI. If your organization would get a non evaluation license with the armv6/7 libraries you can indeed run RTI connext on the Raspberry PI. The following Knowledge Base (KB) article shows you how:

https://community.rti.com/content/forum-topic/howto-run-rti-connext-dds-raspberry-pi

Irwin

Hi, thank for the reply!

Do you mean by installing the RTI on linux platform (such as Ubuntu) and make it into an executable file. Then cross compile it and place it on the Raspberry Pi?