Launcher to run HelloWorld example

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
wly
Launcher to run HelloWorld example

Hi,

I am still running the trial SW of RTI Connext DDS.  I was able to run the "HelloWorld" example successfully on command line.  Hwo can I run with the launcher (readme.txt file only shows how to run on a commnand line.  Thanks.

Keywords:

This is normal --- Applications need to be run from the command-line.   

[UPDATE]   Alternatively, the applications can be run from a Debugger such as eclipse or visual studio.

wly

https://www.rti.com/gettingstarted/hello-world-java?utm_campaign=Getting%20Started%20Phase%201&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=80760853&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8SMIn4zeL0ioAT_WzvDMOWOrOXLFHhmubOV6UEf3ZUM7-JvnE9TJOBoBQ5ogmyaB0jqMXbs1IMWvttbx4B05FPNUfMlQ&utm_content=80760853&utm_source=hs_automation

How is this loaded?

I am not sure I completely understand so I will provide some general comments.

In that example,  Sara runs the publisher and subscriber applications from within the eclipse debugger.    If you were to go into the eclipse workspace,  you could run each manually by issuing the ./myExamplePublisher.java and ./myExampleSubscriber.java.

What I typically do is to work with the examples that get installed into the  'rti_workspace' during the installation process.   If you happen to be on a Linux machine, they would probably be located in your home directory:

~/rti_workspace/6.0.1/examples/connext_dds/java/hello_idl                                // as an example

Following the READ_ME.txt file,  the steps would be:

./build.sh

./run.sh sub                // in one command window
./run.sh pub                // in another command window

Before doing anything, you should source the helper-script we create during the installation.   This script will set up your NDDSHOME environmental variable,  put the $NDDSHOME/bin on your path, and also add  $NDDSHOME/lib/<arch>  to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental variable.

source ~/rti_connext_dds-6.0.1/resource/scripts/rtisetenv_x64Linux4gcc7.3.0.bash

If you are on Windows, there is an equivalent bat file created.

Try this example out and let us know if you have problems. 

wly

Thanks.