Sequence numbers when using a converter plugin

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sequence numbers when using a converter plugin

We are working on a plugin for the rticonverter. When receiving samples we want to extract a timestamp and a sequence number. We are able to get the timestamp using the source_timestamp function in the SampleInfo object, but trying to get the sequence number using the publication_sequence_number we always get low=4294967295 and high=0. Replaying the same data and inspecting in adminconsole shows that publication_sequence_number is increasing over time, so the data seems fine. Is this something that needs configuration?

Thank you in advance!

Howard's picture

Sorry, what's the code that you're using to access the sequence number?  Can you copy and paste that including all variable declarations?

Hi!

This is how the sequence number is accessed:

const uint32_t s_id = sample_info->publication_sequence_number().low();

Using the same sample_info pointer I am able to extract the timestamp info correctly. I have verified that the input database contains publication sequence numbers that are increasing as expected.

Best regards, Johan

Howard's picture

Well, I don't see anything wrong with your syntax (using C++11 API I guess).  Unfortunately, it's possibly a bug in the Recording Service libs.  Assuming you have a support account, you can report this issue for the support team to check out.