Multimedia Data Distribution Example For C# x64VS2019

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Multimedia Data Distribution Example For C# x64VS2019

Hi, I recently downloaded the case + code example for Multimedia Data Distribution case. I am unable to build or run it as I get so many errors. I have set the NDDSHOME environment variable. I have the c++ version and looks like the project was built for 32 bit. Is there any code for Multimedia use case that I can download that will work on the machine with following specs please? Windows 64 bit, Visual Studio 2019, C#. 

Howard's picture

Sorry, nope.  You'll have to google how to convert a visual studio project from 32 to 64 bit.   Unfortunately, there is no C# version of the Video Streaming example... 

Thanks I changed it so that Visual Studio now builds on 64-bit. I still get the following link errors for VideoSubscriber and VideoPublisher projects: "Cannot open file 'nddscppzd.lib". I have put the path to this file "$(NDDSHOME)/lib/i64Win64VS2017" in the "Additional Library Directories" field of the Linker Properties. Could you please help me resolve these errors?

Howard's picture

So, first "$(NDDSHOME)/lib/i64Win64VS2017" is spelled wrong...not sure if this is just a typo in your posting or in your actual configuration...it should be "x64Win64VS2017".

Second, is the NDDSHOME environment variable defined?

Third does the directory %NDDSHOME%\lib\x64Win64VS2017 exist on your computer?

And then the file, nddscppzd.lib, should exist in that directory.

It was a typo in my posting, sorry about that.

Yes, the NDDSHOME variable has been defined, please see the screenshot attached.

Yes, %NDDSHOME%\lib\x64Win64VS2017 directory exists on my computer. 

Yes, the "nddscppzd.lib" file exists in that directory.

I have also attached a screenshot of how I have linked it in VS.

I removed the "\" at the end of the NDDSHOME variable path, restarted my machine, re-launched VS and re-built the solution and the error "Cannot open file 'nddscppzd.lib" went away. But now I end up with new bunch of errors- please see attached screenshot.

File Attachments: 
Howard's picture

I'm guessing that you're building the entire solution all at once.  So, Visual Studio is going to compile all projects in parallel by default.  You can disable this in the settings for Visual Studio.  Or you can just individually compile each project insteading of doing a "build solution".

Alright when i build the projects independently in the following order: SharedDataTypes, VideoPublisher and VideoSubscriber, I get the errors attached for the VideoPublisher and VideoSubscriber projects.The Shareddatatypes project builds fine.

Howard's picture

So, unfortunately, this Case + Code example depends on/uses an open source video processing library called gstreamer...which we've only compiled the 32-bit libraries.

And thus, you will need to compile the example as a 32-bit app.  The best way is probably to revert your sln and vxproj files to what's in github to "undo" your changes.

The alternative is for you to get the source to gstreamer (of the version that we used...which is pretty old) and then compile a 64-bit version of the libs yourself and then use those instead of the 32-bit libs that is distributed with the example.