python api ignore_participant equivalent

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
python api ignore_participant equivalent

hi

im trying to solve the problem where im using the same program to publish and subscribe to the same topic.

the usage is i get a cmd from the topic so i will reply to it using the same message with data populated in it.

i saw there is this ignore_participant fn that can be used to ignore the local publisher so the message wont be received by itself.

is there another method or something equivalent that i can do in the python api provided by rti.

Keywords:
Howard's picture

Which Python API are you referring to?  The Experimental Python API or the RTI Connector for Python?  If the Experimental Python API, I believe that there is an ignore_participant() method provided.

https://github.com/rticommunity/connextdds-py/blob/9f1b33ae12eab652bb7256e936004b6d579a5e7a/modules/connextdds/src/dds/domain/DomainParticipant.cpp#L643-L651

i didnt realise there was 2 api

im using this one

https://community.rti.com/static/documentation/connector/1.0.0/api/python/index.html

so if i need to use the method  i would have to use the experimental python api.

thanks

Howard's picture

The RTI Connector Python provides only the most simplest API to allow Python scripts to send/receive data with Connext DDS.  It relies on an XML configuration file to specify the DDS Topics/types/DataWriter/DataReaders that are created but does not provide any APIs to do so.

The prototype of the full Python API to Connext DDS is currently available and will be added to our fully supported list of programming languages in a future release.  With that API, you will have most of the capabilities, methods, classes available in the currently supported set of programming languages (C/C++98/C++11/Java/.NET).