Communication between python API and HelloWorld_dpse example in Micro C

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Communication between python API and HelloWorld_dpse example in Micro C

Hi@all,

Is it possible to configure a DDS Python API application to communicate with the HelloWorld_dpse example included with RTI Connext DDS Micro.
Do I therefore need the Limited-Bandwidth Endpoint Discovery Plug-in? Or is that not supportet by the Python API?

I noticed that it is not possible to communicate with the HelloWorld_dpse application using the Python API without any plugin.

Regards,

Marc

Marc.Chiesa's picture

Hi Marc,

The Python API is based on RTI Connext DDS Professional, which as you have observed does not support DPSE without the Limited-Bandwidth Endpoint Discovery plugins. You will need to load the plugin via QoS and provide an XML LBED config in order for it to be able to communicate with your DPSE Micro app.

Regards,

Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply!
I tried to get the Limited-Bandwidth Endpoint Discovery plugin from this link:

https://support.rti.com/s/login/?ec=302&inst=6S&startURL=%2Fdownloads.php

But that doenst work. Are there any other possibilities to get this tool?

Regards,

Marc

Howard's picture

Hi Marc,

You'll have to talk to the RTI account team about getting the Limited Bandwidth Plugins.  That's a separately licensed product and is not packaged with RTI Connext DDS Professional or Secure.

I'll ask them to get in touch with you.

--Howard

Howard's picture

Also, just to be clear, the only reason that you would need the Limited Bandwidth plugins for Connext DDS (python/c/other APIs) to connect to Connext Micro is if you are using the Static Endpoint discovery plugin.

If you use the dynamic discovery plugins (participant/endpoint), then standard Connext DDS will interoperate with Connext Micro with no additional components required.