DataVisualization rti admin console

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
DataVisualization rti admin console

Hi 

I create won Qos profile xml file and add it to admin Console, after that I try to subscribe my topic, I select advanced settings and use custom my qos profile.

I have to change select Qos profile combobox to my qos profile every time.

how can change default selection qos profile from data visualization to my qos profile??

I used from following link :

https://community.rti.com/kb/using-your-own-qos-profile-rti-admin-console

AttachmentSize
Image icon screenshot_2022-10-03_15-45-33.png50.93 KB
ken
ken's picture

Hi Samira,

Generally speaking, I would only recommend changing the 'admin' QoS if you need to tweak Discovery-related configuration (initial peers can even be tweaked in the preferences dialog so, things like transports in use or the transport configuration like max message size, etc.).

As for data visualization, you're right. Currently, you have to set the QoS profile each time you subscribe to a new Topic. We could add a checkbox that would allow Admin Console to remember that you want to use the selected profile as the new default each time you create a new subscription. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Ken

Thank you for your answering

If I select my own profile each time is difficult

Is there another way for setting my own QoS profile in the admin console without select own profile each time?

Can I add one property to the DataVisualization XML file? how can I access this file?

Thanks

ken
ken's picture

Hi Samira,

Unfortunately, there is no other way to do this currently. I'll create a feature request for this and will try to get this into an upcoming feature release as I agree with you that this is tedious and we should have a way to make it easier.

Thanks,
Ken