RTI Routing Service

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
RTI Routing Service

Hello,

I have a problem getting the RTI Routing Service to work with my applications.

I have created a simple DDS publisher application and a simple DDS subscriber application. The applications communicate while running on 2 different computers over LAN, but I cant get them to work over WAN using the RTI Routing Service.

I followed the "Example 8 - Using the TCP Transport with Routing Service" in "RTI Routing Service - Getting Started Guide". And I can get the RTI Shapes Demo to run over the RTI Routing Service. NB. My applications use the same Domain IDs as the RTI Shapes Demo

My publisher is on PC1 and the subscriber is on PC2. I can see (using rtiddsspy) that PC2 receives data from the RTI Routing Service, but the subscriber application does not get notified on PC2.

Is there something that I have to especially aware of, when running DDS applications over the RTI Routing Service?

Regards
John

rip
rip's picture

QoS isn't "end to end" auto-configured.  It may be that the QoS on the publisher and the subscriber match, but not on the publisher <-> RS-generated subscriber, or on the RS-generated publisher <-> subscriber.

rip

Thanks for the information. I was under the impression that the Routing service automatically mimiced the QoS of the participants created in the system.

Best regards
John

rip
rip's picture

Table 2.13, page 34 (physical) 2-26 (numbered), Routing Service User's Manual:

(re <datawriter_qos> and <datareader_qos>)

Sets the DataReader or DataWriter QoS.

The contents of this tag are specified in the same manner as a Connext QoS profile file—
see the chapter on Configuring QoS with XML in the RTI Core Libraries and Utilities User’s Manual.

If the tag is not defined, Routing Service will use the Connext defaults.

Thanks for the clarification. 

I have tried changing the QoS in the Routing Service QoS tags and got it working!

Best regards
John

rip
rip's picture

Awesome!

rip