cannot load nddsdotnet40.dll or one of its dependencies

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
cannot load nddsdotnet40.dll or one of its dependencies

Trying to install and run my production app. A particular dll loads which has a dependency on nddsdotnet40.dll. I have nddsc.dll, nddscore.dll, nddscpp.dll & nddsdotnet40.dll in the single directory. This runs on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and a Windows 8 tablet. I can run the bits from my thumb drive on all these. But on one Windows 8 tablet (Samsung running Windows 8 Pro), no joy. 

When the constructor on this one dll, which would cause nddsdotnet40.dll etc to load -
I'm getting a filenotfoundexception. Could not load assembly nddsdotnet40.dll or one of it's dependencies.  

What does nddsdotnet40.dll load in addition to the other 3 dll's I have listed?  What could I be missing? Yeah, qos files etc. but it's not getting that far....  And I'm running with the current directory set to the directory with all the bits.   

Organization:
Keywords:
rip
rip's picture

Note:  This is not an official recommendation of my employer (RTI).  Your mileage may vary.  Do your own research and decide whether to proceed on the below path. 

Try www. dependencywalker .com (url disabled to prevent nefariousness).

It's a free application that inspects the source application or dll, and then recursively descends into the abyss that is Windows DLL land.  It may show what is missing on the device.

Note:  This is not an official recommendation of my employer (RTI).  Your mileage may vary.  Do your own research and decide whether to proceed on the above path. 

rip

I'll give that a try, thanks. The interesting point is that the bits run just fine on others' computers. I even tried running it off a usb drive on my wife's Windows7 desktop which never see's any of my 'work' stuff, and it ran fine there. So pretty sure all the required bits are there, but something else OS wise maybe missing or getting in the way. 

Thx