Connext Cert Vs. Connext DDS Micro

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Connext Cert Vs. Connext DDS Micro

Hi,

I've installed DDS Micro. I found the "DDS_ParticipantBuiltinTopicData Struct Reference" is labelled as <cert>. According to DDS Micro C API Document guide: <cert> is Supported in safety certified version of RTI Connext DDS Micro Secure. (https://community.rti.com/static/documentation/connext-micro/3.0.0/doc/api_c/html/group__DDSDocGuideModule.html)

Does it mean the DDS_ParticipantBuiltinTopicData object cannot be used or cannot functionally correct in normal DDS Micro?

Appreciated for any guidance and help.

Qian

Organization:
Keywords:

In general terms, Connext Cert API is a subset of Micro, so the <cert> markings in the documentation is notation for Micro users who choose to develop to the Cert API.   This would minimize the effort to migrate their application to Cert some time in the future.   You should be fine using that with Micro.     

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply.

If it's ok to use the <cert> API in Micro, I've been stucked in how to read the DDS_ParticipantBuiltinTopicData.

My problem is after I install the listener as below, no match and communication between he publisher and the subscriber, without showing any errors.

builtin_participant_listener.on_data_available = BuiltinParticipantListener_on_data_available;

retcode = DDS_DataReader_set_listener( builtin_participant_datareader, &builtin_participant_listener, DDS_DATA_AVAILABLE_STATUS);

I also tried the DDS_SubscriptionBuiltinTopicData which is not marked as <cert>, the result is:

the subscriber could match the publisher, but the "on_publication_matched" function is never called by the publisher. Normal pub/sub flow not work as well.

Any guide on how can I debug and resolve the problem?

Thanks a million.

Qian

While I could answer your high level Cert vs. Micro question, I'm afraid I don't have the progamming expertise to answer this one.   Nor could I find a Micro example.   About the best I can offer is a pointer to the Pro examples on the community git hub: https://github.com/rticommunity/rticonnextdds-examples/tree/master/examples/connext_dds/builtin_topics.   Of course, if you're a supported customer, entering a ticket with RTI Support to get some help is another possible option.

Bob

You might also take a closer look at your "udp_property->allow_interface" and "participant_qos.discovery.initial_peers" settings.   If you've borrowed from the provided example code, the default settings may need to be changed to match your system and network settings.    I remember this tripped me up during my early time working with Connext Micro.   

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I've checked the builtin topics examples for Connext Pro and I can run them with no problems.

Indeed, the functions are not the same in Micro as Pro. I've made some changes when borrowing from the Pro examples.

I'll try your suggestions to check the udp property and initial peers settings.

Regards,

Qian