Problem with connetex c# 6.1.2 when debugger is connected

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Problem with connetex c# 6.1.2 when debugger is connected

Hi,
Having problem with Rti.ConnextDds.Extra v 6.1.2 with c# .net 6

Running on ubuntu 22.04 in wsl the software crash when I get a dds message, but only when a debugger is connected.
When I run it without a debuger connected it works like it should

If i attach to the programmer while its running after it has received messages its all okay and i can start & stop the publisher.
But if i attach to the program before it has received messages it crashes the same way as if i had started it with a debugger.

A message is sometimes written to console right before the program stops
The target process exited with code 0 (0x00000000) while evaluating the function 'Rti.Dds.Domain.DomainParticipant.ToString
After that i get "The program '[{pid}] {program name}' has exited with code 0 (0x0)."

The program does not reach the part of the code where i should read the samples so not sure where the problem is.
I have not change my code to work different if a debugger is connected

So to me it looks like it crashes on initial samples if debugger is connected, but not in my code.
I may have messed up my call to connext that might have made it crash later, but to me its very strange it only crashes if debugger is connected

Any help/time is appreciated

Howard's picture

Sorry, your question is likely beyond the scope of this user supported forum.  If you are working with a paid RTI developers license and have a paid support contract, I suggest that you redirect your question to support@rti.com.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, question is on its way to support.

I was hoping it was a common problem :)

Lars

Howard's picture

Not sure how many people are using Connext DDS C# API on Linux....  But hopefully, RTI Support can help sort this out.