RTI Connext 5.2.0.1

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
RTI Connext 5.2.0.1

I have downloaded the Connext application but I cannot access the Admin Console. How do I get access to that tool?

Organization:
Gerardo Pardo's picture

Hello Bruce,

What RTI package did you download? What host platform are you running on?

Normally when you install it you shoud see the RTI Launcher application. If you hit on the "Tools" tab you should see the "Admin Console" button allowing you to run the RTI Admin Console. Are you able to find and start RTI Launcher?

You can find more information on using the RTI Launcher to start the different tools here: https://community.rti.com/static/documentation/connext-dds/5.2.0/doc/manuals/launcher/RTI_Launcher_UsersManual.pdf

Gerardo

I am runnning Windows 7 x86  When I select the tools tab, the admin console as well as a number of other tools are "gayed out" (attached png file)  I downlaoed

File Attachments: 
Gerardo Pardo's picture

This could be an issue with your license file. Can you click on the "Installation" tab and check which license file is using? Once in the "intallation" tab you can click on the "details" button to see teh contents of the license file and verify it is not expired, etc.

You should also have received a license file over email when you downloaded the product. If you got it, then you can use that license file by clicking on the "choose" button in the "installer" tab and selecting the license file.  See attached screenshoot for how the "installer" tab panel looks.

File Attachments: 
Gerardo Pardo's picture

My previous posting is incorrect. I did not pay enough attention to the link you provided. The rti_connext_dds-5.2.0-core-host-i86Win32.exe  bundles *do not include* tools like Admin Console.

To get Admin Console and the other tools you need to download the connext "professional" bundles. The name of that bundle would be rti_connext_dds-5.2.0-pro-host-i86Win32.exe for the Win32 platform.

You can access that from the customer portal or download an evaluation from here:  http://www.rti.com/downloads/index.html#GETIT