RTIOsapiSocket_getHostByName failed when using DTLS on Raspberry Pi 3B

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 08/13/2019
Posts: 14
RTIOsapiSocket_getHostByName failed when using DTLS on Raspberry Pi 3B

Hi,

I'm trying to run rtiperftest application with DTLS transport on a Raspberriy Pi board. But I got the error that gethostbyname failed. Please see below:

pi@raspberrypi:~/app $ ./perftest_cpp -nic eth0 -transport DTLS -transportVerbosity 6
RTI Perftest 3.1.0 5c0ba94 (RTI Connext DDS 6.0.1)
[D0001|ENABLE] RTIOsapiSocket_getHostByName:gethostbyname error 0X1 (Unknown host) for host ��
[D0001|ENABLE] NDDS_Transport_SocketUtil_V4StringAddress_to_transportAddress:!RTIOsapiSocket_getHostByName
[D0001|ENABLE] NDDS_Transport_UDP_Property_verify:force_interface_poll_detection should be a boolean
[D0001|ENABLE] NDDS_Transport_UDP_Property_verify:reuse_multicast_receive_resource should be a boolean
[D0001|ENABLE] NDDS_Transport_UDP_newI:Invalid transport properties.
[D0001|ENABLE] :[D0001|ENABLE] DDS_DomainParticipantConfigurator_setup_custom_transports:!create custom transport plugin
[D0001|ENABLE] DDS_DomainParticipantConfigurator_enable:!install transport plugin aliases = custom transports
[D0001|ENABLE] DDS_DomainParticipant_enableI:!enable transport configurator
DDSDomainParticipant_impl::createI:ERROR: Failed to auto-enable entity
DomainParticipantFactory_impl::create_participant():!create failure creating participant
Problem creating participant.
[Error]: _MessagingImpl was null or it could not be initialized
Test ended.

Thanks,

Zhuangwei

Organization:
jmorales's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/28/2013
Posts: 57

Let me investigate this issue and get back to you, can you try in the meanwhile using the ip instead of the name of the interface?

Pub: "-transport DTLS -peer dtls://$IP_ADDR -transportCertAuthority ./resource/secure/cacert.pem -transportCertFile ./resource/secure/pub.pem -transportPrivateKey ./resource/secure/pubkey.pem"

Sub: "-transport DTLS -peer dtls://$IP_ADDR"

Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 08/13/2019
Posts: 14

Thank you. I'll try what you suggested.

jmorales's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/28/2013
Posts: 57

Let me investigate this issue and get back to you, can you try in the meanwhile using the ip instead of the name of the interface?

Pub: "-transport DTLS -peer dtls://$IP_ADDR -transportCertAuthority ./resource/secure/cacert.pem -transportCertFile ./resource/secure/pub.pem -transportPrivateKey ./resource/secure/pubkey.pem"

Sub: "-transport DTLS -peer dtls://$IP_ADDR"

Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 08/13/2019
Posts: 14

Hi Javi,

The problem persists even if I add the peer address. And actually, this issue doesn't occur on my x64 Ubuntu machine. So I guess this problem is probably caused by the platform. 

Thanks,

Zhuangwei

jmorales's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/28/2013
Posts: 57

Let me try it myself on a Raspberry pi as well.

jmorales's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/28/2013
Posts: 57

Hi!

I was able to run in the raspberry pi without any issues, could it be due to something specific to your terminal? This is puzzling me...

perfuser@raspberrypi:~/rtiperftest/validation/release-3.1/2021_01_26_04-40$ bin/armv6vfphLinux3.xgcc4.7.2/release/perftest_cpp -transport DTLS -peer dtls://192.168.1.108 -nic eth0
RTI Perftest 3.1.0 5c0ba94 (RTI Connext DDS 6.0.1)

Perftest Configuration:
	Reliability: Reliable
	Keyed: No
	Subscriber ID: 0
	Data Size: 100
	Receive using: Listeners
	Domain: 1
	Dynamic Data: No
	FlatData: No
	Zero Copy: No
	XML File: perftest_qos_profiles.xml

Transport Configuration:
	Kind: DTLS
	Use Multicast: False
	Certificate authority file: ./resource/secure/cacert.pem
	Certificate file: ./resource/secure/sub.pem
	Private key file: ./resource/secure/subkey.pem
	Initial peers: dtls://192.168.1.108

Waiting to discover 1 publishers ...
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 08/13/2019
Posts: 14

Hi Javi,

After reinstalling all libraries, the problem was resolved. I probably linked the wrong library before. I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Zhuangwei