RTIOsapiSocket_getHostByName failed when using DTLS on Raspberry Pi 3B

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
RTIOsapiSocket_getHostByName failed when using DTLS on Raspberry Pi 3B

Hi,

I'm trying to run rtiperftest application with DTLS transport on a Raspberriy Pi board. But I got the error that gethostbyname failed. Please see below:

pi@raspberrypi:~/app $ ./perftest_cpp -nic eth0 -transport DTLS -transportVerbosity 6
RTI Perftest 3.1.0 5c0ba94 (RTI Connext DDS 6.0.1)
[D0001|ENABLE] RTIOsapiSocket_getHostByName:gethostbyname error 0X1 (Unknown host) for host ��
[D0001|ENABLE] NDDS_Transport_SocketUtil_V4StringAddress_to_transportAddress:!RTIOsapiSocket_getHostByName
[D0001|ENABLE] NDDS_Transport_UDP_Property_verify:force_interface_poll_detection should be a boolean
[D0001|ENABLE] NDDS_Transport_UDP_Property_verify:reuse_multicast_receive_resource should be a boolean
[D0001|ENABLE] NDDS_Transport_UDP_newI:Invalid transport properties.
[D0001|ENABLE] :[D0001|ENABLE] DDS_DomainParticipantConfigurator_setup_custom_transports:!create custom transport plugin
[D0001|ENABLE] DDS_DomainParticipantConfigurator_enable:!install transport plugin aliases = custom transports
[D0001|ENABLE] DDS_DomainParticipant_enableI:!enable transport configurator
DDSDomainParticipant_impl::createI:ERROR: Failed to auto-enable entity
DomainParticipantFactory_impl::create_participant():!create failure creating participant
Problem creating participant.
[Error]: _MessagingImpl was null or it could not be initialized
Test ended.

Thanks,

Zhuangwei

Organization:
jmorales's picture

Let me investigate this issue and get back to you, can you try in the meanwhile using the ip instead of the name of the interface?

Pub: "-transport DTLS -peer dtls://$IP_ADDR -transportCertAuthority ./resource/secure/cacert.pem -transportCertFile ./resource/secure/pub.pem -transportPrivateKey ./resource/secure/pubkey.pem"

Sub: "-transport DTLS -peer dtls://$IP_ADDR"

Thank you. I'll try what you suggested.

jmorales's picture

Let me investigate this issue and get back to you, can you try in the meanwhile using the ip instead of the name of the interface?

Pub: "-transport DTLS -peer dtls://$IP_ADDR -transportCertAuthority ./resource/secure/cacert.pem -transportCertFile ./resource/secure/pub.pem -transportPrivateKey ./resource/secure/pubkey.pem"

Sub: "-transport DTLS -peer dtls://$IP_ADDR"

Hi Javi,

The problem persists even if I add the peer address. And actually, this issue doesn't occur on my x64 Ubuntu machine. So I guess this problem is probably caused by the platform. 

Thanks,

Zhuangwei

jmorales's picture

Let me try it myself on a Raspberry pi as well.

jmorales's picture

Hi!

I was able to run in the raspberry pi without any issues, could it be due to something specific to your terminal? This is puzzling me...

perfuser@raspberrypi:~/rtiperftest/validation/release-3.1/2021_01_26_04-40$ bin/armv6vfphLinux3.xgcc4.7.2/release/perftest_cpp -transport DTLS -peer dtls://192.168.1.108 -nic eth0
RTI Perftest 3.1.0 5c0ba94 (RTI Connext DDS 6.0.1)

Perftest Configuration:
	Reliability: Reliable
	Keyed: No
	Subscriber ID: 0
	Data Size: 100
	Receive using: Listeners
	Domain: 1
	Dynamic Data: No
	FlatData: No
	Zero Copy: No
	XML File: perftest_qos_profiles.xml

Transport Configuration:
	Kind: DTLS
	Use Multicast: False
	Certificate authority file: ./resource/secure/cacert.pem
	Certificate file: ./resource/secure/sub.pem
	Private key file: ./resource/secure/subkey.pem
	Initial peers: dtls://192.168.1.108

Waiting to discover 1 publishers ...

Hi Javi,

After reinstalling all libraries, the problem was resolved. I probably linked the wrong library before. I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Zhuangwei