PSCAD

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
PSCAD

I recently downloaded RTI for the purpose of using it along with software called PSCAD. The issues am having is how to make a link or connections between these two software in order to have them both link to the network NS2. These issues can be summarized as following:

1-      Connect RTI with PSCAD: is there any procedure or steps that I should follow to have these Programs connected. Is there any type of code ( such as C++ or java ) that I can download to have these software connected to each other.

2-      Connect RTI to the network NS2: how can I configure RTI to connect to NS2.

3-      The operation system am using is widows 8, also I have windows7 to work with, so if any data code available to either one of them would be great.

Regards

Hello,

Can you provide additional information on PSCAD and NS2?  Any links to these products would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Bert

PSCAD is a simulation software use to analyize and simulate power system. the product is similar to matlab and labview,

there several tutorials available for the product on the web, Below is a link where you can download the student version.

http://pscad-student-trial-edition.updatestar.com/

NS2 is network two, and its a simulation software also, below is a link that has some details and instructions to download

http://wsnlab.ir/how-to-install-cygwin-ns2-in-windows/

Hello,

Could you provide a description of the overall functionality of what you are trying to achieve?  Also, please feel free to contact me on email.  Currently, I do not know of an integration that was done with RTI Connext DDS and PSCAD, however, I would like to learn more about your intended use here.  With regards to NS2, potentially our software, (because it uses standard IP networking out of the box), could be compatible with NS2.  Certainly some investigation would need to be done to verify the use of these two things together.

Thank you

Bert