License Issue

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
License Issue

Hi,

I have a license problem in a Windows7 machine with Visual Studio 2010. I'm using a license which is valid up to 19th of June. RTI Launcher software seems to run properly and I can also run the shapes demo as well as pre-built examples from Case + Code. However, when I get the source files from Github, build them by myself and eventually run any of the generated .exe, I get the following output:

RTI Data Distribution Service No source for License information
Please contact support@rti.com with any questions or comments.
DDSDomainParticipant_impl::create_disabledI:!create participant
DDSDomainParticipant_impl::createI:!create participant
DomainParticipantFactory_impl::create_participant():!create failure creating participant
Exiting...

What's the problem? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Keywords:
sara's picture

Hi Antonio,

Where is your license file located? In the GettingStarted guide (under %NDDSHOME%\doc\pd\RTI_CoreLibrariesAndUtilities_GettingStarted.pdf) you will see several default locations for your license (see chapter 2.2). Is it located in one of those locations?

Here you have a snippet but I recommend you to read the whole section in the GettingStarted guide:

Each time your Connext application starts, it will look for the license file in the following locations until it finds a valid license:
1. In your application’s current working directory, in a file called rti_license.dat.
2. In the location specified in the environment variable RTI_LICENSE_FILE, which you may set to point to the full path of the license file, including the filename (for example, C:\RTI\my_license_file.dat).
3. In the Connext installation, in the file $NDDSHOME/rti_license.dat. (See Section 3.1.1.1 for details on NDDSHOME.)

Try those locations and let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Sara

Thanks Sara,

Oh... yes! As the RTI Launcher was working properly I didn't think of the paths. But yes, my license was misplaced. Now it seems to run properly.

Thanks again :)