why cannot monitor data on Windows 7

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
why cannot monitor data on Windows 7

I intend to use the monitor serivce which provided by RTI to monitor my DDS application. however, even i allocate the monitor library for the program and enable mobitor in QoS file, an error always poping up shown cannot open the monitor library. In addition, even the monitor can find the two computers when join the domain, but there is only DataWritter while my application is actually runnning normal.

Does anyone knows how to solve this kind of issues???Please answer me ASAP, thanks very much and I'd like to communicate with you who are developing project with DDS. 

bobby's picture

Hi Lamar,

For your first issue, are you setting your Path environment variable correctly? Since the monitor library is dynamically loaded, you will need to add the appropriate library directory to the Path variable i.e. > set Path=%NDDSHOME%\lib\i86Win32VS2010;%Path%. This implies you should also set the NDDSHOME environment variable. Section 2.1 in the RTI Monitoring Library Getting Started explains what has to be set up to run on Windows.

I would like to understand more about your system to answer your second question. It sounds like you have two processes each on a seperate computer. Are they the HelloWorld examples? Do you a a single DataWriter in one and a single DataReader in the other?

Regards,

Bobby

RTI Support

For the first issue, I think I have correctly set up de NDDSHOME and Path environment variables, if not my application should not be run correctly. However, what is the correctly set up the monitor plugin library? Does the monitor library is not included in %NDDSHOME%\lib\x64win64vs2008??Can you explain a little more detail about how to set up the monitor plugin library for me?

For the other issue, I have installed RTI software in three different computers with different software vision based on different OS. Two for Windows XP 32bit, and one for Windows 7 64bit. All of these three computers have been installed Visual Studio 2008 as well. However, I cannot find such file like rtimonitoring.lib on the 32bit system while I can find them on the 64bit system. Does that mean I cannot use monitor on the 32bit system?

Regards,

Lamar