Problem with example hello_idl

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Problem with example hello_idl

Hello,

I have a problem running the example "C:\Program Files (x86)\RTI\ndds.4.5f\example\CPP\Hello_idl".

When I run the publisher and the subscriber on the same computer, it works correctly.

But when I run the publisher on a computer and the subscriber on another computer, it seems that enters a loop in the discovery and not send the samples correctly.

Do you have an idea what is thats the problem or any suggestion ?

Best Regards

If you are using Windows OS, it seems related to the firewall, so it should be disabled to make pub/sub match each others

I'm having the same problem with the Hello_idl example.

When I run the publisher and the subscriber on the same computer, it works correctly.

But when I run the publisher on a computer and the subscriber on another computer, I don't see any communication happening.  I currently have the publisher running on a Linux OS and multiple subscribers on windows and Linux machines.  Is there any configuration option I need to set on each machine? 

I currently using ndds.4.5d

Thank you

rip
rip's picture

Disable the firewalls on all machines as a test.  If connections then happen, the problem is the firewalls getting in the way.  In this case, you will need to open the DDS port ranges (there is an excel spreadsheet in the Downloads section that will compute the port ranges based on number of participants on a domain/node.

Thanks for the response.  My firewalls are all turned off.  Turns out that my problem was not using the same QOS file for all apps.  Once I made sure they all used the same QOS file, everything started working

Best Regards